Not open for further replies.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Okay, now I'm ready.

Take a look at the forum list. Look all the way to the right and you'll see the moderators column. Any board that doesn't have a moderator listed really doesn't have a moderator at this point.

(The super-mods have been watching them. The super-mods are: aka eraser, Birol, ChunkyC, MacAllister, rtilryarms, Betty W01, and me.)

So! If you're interested in moderating one of the open boards, please respond here and tell me which one/s interest you.

I'm looking for people whose judgment I can trust, who will be diplomatic and kind, and who won't go disappearin' on me. ;) Must be willing to check in at least 3 times a week.

Responsibilities: Deleting abusive/spammy posts, helping people who have questions, getting discussions going if things get quiet, moving posts that belong in other areas of the forum, letting a supermod know if someone needs banning. Honestly, most of the boards get very little spam/nastiness, but it happens from time to time.

Thanks!

jdkiggins

Troubled-Talks with animals.
Registered
Reaction score
The "Dead Zone" in PA. (The state.) All lit up and
Website
home.comcast.net
Jenna,

I volunteered before for a thread that was already taken. If you have trust and confidence in me to do those things you need, I'll be happy to help with the Freelance thread. It's not quite as busy as other threads.

My mind may fog now and then, but I'm normally always here in body. :)

I'll understand if you don't take the offer.

Joanne

Melina

Getting better all the time
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.atozwordsmith.com
I'd be happy to take another if you need the help. Maybe Office Party or TIO? Whatever you think. Goals and Accomplishments is generally pretty tame, though we're getting a lot more business lately, so I don't think it'd be too much for me to handle.

Melina

E.G. Gammon

Registered
Reaction score
I suppose I would be an appropriate person to moderate the "Announcements, Events, and Self-Promotion" board since I edit the "WRITERS' WEBSITES Thread" pinned at the top. Plus, the board's not all that busy.

TashaGoddard

Away with the fairies
Registered
Reaction score
I'd be happy to take Writing Non-Fiction. I edit non-fiction (mostly educational publishing, but some other non-fiction) and I'm at my computer pretty much all day long.

wurdwise

Banned
Reaction score
I am also home all day, on the computer night and day, no kids at home. I am willing and ready. You'd have to tell me if I was able! :eek:

TemlynWriting

The Tony Award-winning
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.temlynwriting.com
Hi Jenna!

I'm available to moderate any board(s) as well. I'm home all day, and can check in quite often.

I have previous moderating experience with an IRC chatroom, as well as a beauty board (set up much like AW is, so I know how it works), and several Yahoo groups. Currently I moderate the Yahoo groups. I can also provide references, if need be. ;)

I'd be happy moderating any of the boards, but especially have interest and experience in any of these (bolded those I'm especially interested in):

Freelance writing
Writers Wanted: Paying Markets
Writers Wanted: Nonpaying Markets

Story Research
Office Party
Religious & Spiritual Writing (If Betty ever needs help)
Announcements, Events, Self-Promotion
Water Cooler Changes and Announcements
Life Story Writing

But hey, I'd happily do any of them, including others I did not mention!

:)
~Julia

Last edited:

sthrnwriter

Snoopy Dance!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
If you haven't found someone to moderate this one yet, Im available to moderate the mainstream/contemporary forum. It's the genre I write anyways. Plus I'm home all day and normally online alot. If someone else has asked for that one, I don't mind volunteering my time for any of the other ones that haven't been snatched up yet.

wurdwise

Banned
Reaction score
On second thought, I don't want to be a moderator, personal issues.

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
Hey Jenna,

I wouldn't mind Paying Markets (I'm always looking around in there) or the Religious & Spiritual Writing. PM'd you. :)

Sara

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
Jenna, if you need help anywhere (which it looks like you won't!) you can stick me in any place deemed necessary.

TemlynWriting

The Tony Award-winning
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.temlynwriting.com
Birol said:
:ROFL:

(Sorry. It just came out. I couldn't stop it.)

LOL - I thought the same thing. I'd probably prefer the freelance writing or paying/non-paying markets, anyway. I love the TIO, but boy, not sure about moderating. LOL! ;)

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Thankfully, TIO has been traditionally moderator-free...being the place where actual flame-wars get sent to burn themselves out. Jenna or the supermods do the general house-cleaning there.

That seems to work, to tell ya the truth. So some lucky soul is off the hook, and gets a REAL room instead. *whew*!

JenNipps

Have you JHS today?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenifernipps.com
Jenna,

Before we all moved from ezBoard, I'd mentioned I'd be interested in helping out. A couple I'm interested in are Religious/Spiritual - Other and the new Mainstream/Contemporary. I've moderated & hosted forums on Delphi Forums in the past (and currently), but as far as relevant experience, that's all I can really think of.

On second thought, I should probably either e-mail this to you or send you a PM.

pepperlandgirl

American Aquarium Drinker
Registered
Reaction score
I'd be happy to take either Writer's Market, Writing Partners, the Romance forum, or even Mentoring.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Pepperland, I do want you as a mod, but realized I can't right now because of your standing in the Idol contest (we've been discussing some Idol-related stuff in the Mod Squad room). In case I forget, please remind me, and as soon as the Idol contest is over, I'll "promote" you to moderator status.

Status
Not open for further replies.