SQUEEEE!!!!

ajkjd01

I just have to be faster.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.addiejking.wordpress.com
So I swore up and down that I wasn't going to submit my novel again until after the conference I'm scheduled to attend in August, but last night, after several hours of working on submission research and rewrites on another project, I could not help myself. I sent an equery at about 930 pm.

I'd done the research, and that particular agent (I don't want to say who...afraid I'll jinx myself) says on her website that she asks for partials first and then fulls, and it takes about 3 weeks to respond.

I came in to the office this morning, and found a response asking for the full as soon as I can send it, and the response was time-stamped thirty minutes after I'd sent the query.

This is my first request for a full. My brain has just about shut down, and I've got so much adrenaline flowing right now that I'm having to correct every other word I type because I'm misspelling everything. I so have to actually get my brain to re-boot; I've got a long hard day at work at my day job today.

Wish me luck!

sheadakota

part of the human equation
Registered
Reaction score
Wow! A full from a query alone! That is fantastic!!!

Elaine Margarett

High and Dry
Registered
Reaction score
Best of Luck!

You must have struck a chord with this agent! I'm betting you have *just* the book she's been looking for; hence the rapid response.

Keep us posted! Oh, and maybe you should post that query letter that garnered you a full request~

:)
EM

ajkjd01

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Just to clarify, it was at the query stage of the proceedings, but I had also sent the first 6 pages and a one page synopsis, as requested in the submission guidelines. So, it wasn't just a query letter, but still not much more than that.

I still haven't come down off the clouds yet.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wow! That means she loved the plot and your writing. That's amazing! Good luck.

an early tentative snoopy ----> :snoopy:

ajkjd01

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Thanks for all the responses! I sent the full this morning by email, as requested. Now I just have to survive the waiting game.

Is it sad that when I sent the full this morning, I immediately wanted to sent a whole bunch more queries?

dgiharris

Disgruntled Scientist
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats.

That must be a great feeling, to not only have completed a book, but to get a request by an agent for a full.

I'm not sure if you can do it, but is there anyway you can OCD occupy yourself with another project. Try to forget about this one and focus on something else. It will make the time pass quicker.

Of course, that is easier said than done. ANyways, congrats, that is quite an accomplishment and I wish you all the best.

Mel...

ajkjd01

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Congrats.

That must be a great feeling, to not only have completed a book, but to get a request by an agent for a full.

I'm not sure if you can do it, but is there anyway you can OCD occupy yourself with another project. Try to forget about this one and focus on something else. It will make the time pass quicker.

Of course, that is easier said than done. ANyways, congrats, that is quite an accomplishment and I wish you all the best.

Mel...

Oh...having another project isn't an issue...I'm working on another novel right now...as a matter of fact I spent my lunch hour rewriting the prologue and first chapter in the new project based on notes from my critique group.

Thanks all!

K1P1

Procrastination is its own reward
Registered
Reaction score
Big Congratulations! Can you breathe yet? Sit down?