Reaction score
Picture194.jpg

He tore his ACL and had to have surgery

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
He looks like he's thinking, "Why did you shave my behind? It makes me look stupid."

;-)

justme

Well butter my biscuit!
Registered
Reaction score
He is so sweet. I hope he feels better soon.

HeronW

Down Under Fan
Registered
Reaction score
If he's in a lot of pain, try accupuncture--seriously. It works very well on animals.

sheadakota

part of the human equation
Registered
Reaction score
If he's in a lot of pain, try accupuncture--seriously. It works very well on animals.
The only problem is, the vet doesn't want him weight bearing at all, he gave us a mild pain reliever, but is afraid if he feels too good, he'll want to walk on it- so unfortunately the poor guy had to be a little uncomfortable. We live on 16 acers and are use to just opening the door and letting them out to do their thing- but we have to leash walk him for the next 3 months minimum- not only did he tear his ACL, he destroyed his miniscus (his knee-cap) the vet had to remove it altogether and eplace it with an artifical one- This is the same dog who when he was 11 months got kicked in the head by one of our horses and now has seizures from the head injury (controlled now by meds!) Sigh- I love the guy, but he is not too bright.

Kitrianna

Official Bad Cat's Prez
Registered
Reaction score
In one of THOSE moods. Look out people, no one is
Labs are good actors, so don't by his routine. I had one who knew how to break any lead I put him on and then would run after the hubs and I when we tried to go out without him. He also liked to roll in dead stinky things, but that was the chow in him.

HeronW

Down Under Fan
Registered
Reaction score
If he'll be lying down more than normal, rub olive oil on the lie down contact points like the front elbows. This is to prevent raw spots like bed sores in confined situations. Licking it off won't hurt him either. Since he's to be less active for a long time, you may want to lower his caloric intake to keep off the excess lbs and spare the new knee once he does start chasing round and about. An easy-digest food that exits easier/softer will also lessen the strain on the hind legs.

MsK

Registered
Reaction score
The face says it all. "I guess I've really gone and done it this time, huh?"
He is adorable!!!

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Poor guy. Looks like he'll be in the Injured Reserve List for a while.

sheadakota

Registered
Reaction score
Poor guy. Looks like he'll be in the Injured Reserve List for a while.
Yeah, I forgot to mention that we got him neutered at the same time- ouch-after a thousand bucks for the knee surgery they cut off the boys for free-some deal huh?

soleary

Registered
Reaction score
I think you should try a prescription of 3 extra treats per day, and lots of pats. What a cutie!

My girl, Lucy the Wonderdog, sends her warm wishes for a speedy recovery.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Oh my god. Looking as his face says it all. What a sad apple. Hope he's feeling better soon. Beautiful pup, though...

sheadakota

Registered
Reaction score
I didn't know dogs could tear their ACL.
Me either- he was playing with our other younger, but bigger dog- zigging and zagging- the grass was wet he slipped and his buddy took that moment to pounce, and landed on his back knee, bending it the wrong way- you should have heard him yelp! and he didn't stop for like 60 seconds, then he just whined- pitiful, I tell ya.

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Me either- he was playing with our other younger, but bigger dog- zigging and zagging- the grass was wet he slipped and his buddy took that moment to pounce, and landed on his back knee, bending it the wrong way- you should have heard him yelp! and he didn't stop for like 60 seconds, then he just whined- pitiful, I tell ya.

oh... that's heartbreaking. I would have been a basket case with my girl.

sheadakota

Registered
Reaction score
Aw...... wait, other BIGGER dog?
LOL- Yup- Brach _ the poor guy pictured above is a chocolate lab and wieghs 75 pounds. His playmate is Cassidy- we found her at about 3 months old wandering and lost and starving- we took her in. the best we figure she is part Boxer, part Mastiff- she weighs in at 110 pounds right now and is still growing- she is only a year old.

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I'm embarrassed to say that my Golden Retriever weighs 103lbs. But she doesn't look overweight AT ALL. She's taller than any Golden I've ever seen... and longer. (-;