Conference pitching an agent I e-queried?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCathy

Writer when I grow up
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.catherinebusinelle.com
I sent a few non-fiction book queries to agents last week. Today I discovered that one of them will be doing one-on-one sessions at a conference I plan to attend in two months. Assuming she doesn't write back, should I pitch the idea to her at the conference?

I would have just enough sense NOT to mention my e-query unless she brought it up, in which case I would tell her I was glad she remembered it, given how many queries a busy agent such as herself must receive. I would then begin discussing the better points of my pitch, not bringing up what she didn't find attractive unless she does. If she does, I'll ask her if she'd be willing to consider my proposal after making changes according to her suggestions.

I couldn't figure out how to search for a thread about this particular combination of ideas, so please forgive me if this is an old question!

Mumut

Well begun is half done...
Registered
Reaction score
I'd tell her I'd contacted her. Over two months should be time enough for a reply,as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:

Susan Breen

Registered
Reaction score
I would just go ahead and pitch her at the conference and don't worry about the query. If she remembers you, great! If she doesn't, no harm done. Good luck!

scope

Commonsensical Maverick
Registered
Reaction score
Ditto to what Susan said.

KCathy

Writer when I grow up
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.catherinebusinelle.com
Thanks for the helpful advice! Luckily (lol), she sent me a nice form rejection this morning. My skin must be getting nice and thick if my first thought was that I was glad to be saved from the conundrum. :)

scope

Commonsensical Maverick
Registered
Reaction score
It might be interesting if you pitched her at the conference. You have nothing to lose -- might get more insight as to why she rejected your work -- or find out that some assistant, not her, was responsible for the rejection. You have nothing to lose. Just a tought.

Status
Not open for further replies.