The horror of SEX IN THE CITY for men

Don Allen

Seeking a Sanctuary of Intelligence
Registered
Reaction score
It did not occur to me that going to the show Friday night would be any different. It was a MOVIE! for crying out loud,,, what's the big deal??

Until my wife led me between dozens, no hundreds, may I be so bold as to estimate maybe a THOUSAND quivering, giggling, popcorn munchen, soda drinking woman dressed ineverything from Louie Viton, to Prada, in skirts and dresses, and knickers with their female parts exposed to at least a PG13 rating.....YES I WAS SCARED!!!!! I was one of only 9....YES...9 (NINE) MEN stuffed into a theatre reeking of Channel, JLO, and God knows what other obscene mixture of haught taughty perfumes that literally choked me half way through the film......

No spoiler here..... Suffice to say I liked the movie.... But to all the tail chasers that may have skipped out on the opening weekend of Sex in the City........ DID YOU MISS A SIGHT...... Let this be an official thankyou to my wife for allowing me to witness hundreds of woman climaxing at the same time..... I'm still weak in the knees....

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Damn, I knew I should have gone last night.

Don, first Enchanted, and now Sex and the City? I think your knickers are showing!

:)

(j/k, it takes a real man to admit to seeing a chick flick and LIKING it)

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What? You mean there were eight other guys there?

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
According to IMDB:

"R for strong sexual content and graphic nudity."

As for nudity in the theater, yeah, Don, anything?

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
This just reinforces the concept that women dress up only to impress other women.

Or that they are no different that a Star Wars fan who watches a movie through the eye holes in a Boba Fett mask.

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
is the author who originally penned SITS getting royalties on this movie?
If so, how much?

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
is the author who originally penned SITS getting royalties on this movie?
If so, how much?

Candice Bushnell gets a "character by" credit. Other than that, since it's not an adaptation of any of her books, etc. I doubt she's getting much from it. I think she sold her rights years ago to the TV show.

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
seems like she lost out big time by selling the rights to her book for dirt cheap,
though she made out okay in the end:

HBO reportedly paid Candace Bushnell next to nothing for the rights to Bushnell's book Sex and the City, but the writer received an advance of between $1 million and $3 million for her 2005 novel, Lipstick Jungle, says a literary agent.

http://www.portfolio.com/culture-lif...-Stars-Success / courtesy MeowGirl.

("Character by" credit is better than nothing, I guess.)

dgiharris

Disgruntled Scientist
Registered
Reaction score
Of course we do. If we dressed for men, we'd all look like prostitutes.

And the problem is? You say it likes it a bad thing :)

In all seriousness, I love it when a woman dresses up, but some of the things women put stock in, most men will never notice. Like shoes. I don't understand why women need so many shoes.

I never really look at a woman's shoes.

My eyes never make it down that far, they tend to get stuck at other, more interesting and fun areas :)

For all I care, she could be standing on two blocks of wood.

Anyways, I'll see the movie when it filters down to the 4 for $20 DvD bin at Blockbuster sometime next year.

Mel...

Don Allen

Registered
Reaction score
Damn, I knew I should have gone last night.

Don, first Enchanted, and now Sex and the City? I think your knickers are showing!

:)

(j/k, it takes a real man to admit to seeing a chick flick and LIKING it)

Ray,,,,, I did see Iron man last week.... and when I got home I opened a can of beer watched some old Nascar and scratched myself.... Please don't take my man card......

Don Allen

Registered
Reaction score
According to IMDB:

"R for strong sexual content and graphic nudity."

As for nudity in the theater, yeah, Don, anything?

Lots of bulging breasts,, lots and lots of thighs, up to where ever that stuff goes up too.... And several tops with NO backs too them... (big deal you say) until you realize that backless tops seem to blow open from time to time exposing great profiles....... The more I think about it this may have been the greatest movie I've ever seen, or not seen if you catch my drift....

Don Allen

Registered
Reaction score
Don't get to excited about the nude seens in the movie as I recall, more than a few were of men, though a good amount of lady tush could be spotted.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Well, never underestimate the power of female audiences who are craving for sex. The film defied box office wisdom and claimed the top spot, beating out Indiana Jones (in its second week) by almost $10 million. Opening at around $55.7 million, it's probably one of the biggest "chick flick" openings in Hollywood history. We usually see that kind of numbers with male-oriented blockbusters, especially considering the for-all-ages competition from Indiana Jones (which has over 1000 more screens than Sex).

"Sex and the City," released under Warner's New Line Cinema banner, had the best debut ever for an R-rated comedy, topping the $45.1 million opening of "American Pie 2."

The movie landed at No. 5 on the all-time list among R-rated films, behind "The Matrix Reloaded" ($91.8 million), "The Passion of the Christ" ($83.8 million), "300" ($70.9 million) and "Hannibal" ($58 million).

Last edited:

dgiharris

Disgruntled Scientist
Registered
Reaction score
Every demographic has it's 'super movie'.

Seems most movies try to target the golden 13 - 30 demographic with movies like Transformers, I am Legend, 300, etc. etc.

But it looks like that female demographic is starving for a 'super movies' and Sex and the City fits the bill.

Whether it is good or not, it will have that super movie buzz and momentum and 90% of the 'chicks' above the age of consent, are going to want to watch it.

Mel...

GreenFriend

VIVA Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Sex in the City is just Queer as Folk but without the awesome sex scenes and a lot more make up.

I miss QaF I guess I'm saying, lol.

Claudia Gray

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, God, yes, the HORROR, the HORROR, a man was expected to go into an area mostly filled with women, to a movie made for women, HOW CAN HUMANITY GO ON?

Welcome to the experience of every single woman in the world who loves action movies.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Yeah, but it's okay for women to love action flicks. Other women think they're cool. It's not okay for men to love chick flicks. Other men think they're queer.

There you have it. The fundamental differences between men and women.

;)