How to drown your wife

aspier

Banned
Reaction score
I live in my poetry and stories ... sometimes the
Website
users.skynet.be
Actually the title is ... 'how to drown your wife's words'.

Well come to Köln (Germany) and then you walk over the bridge over the Rhine till you are in the middle. Then you take your GSM and phone your wife. And when she start asking you why you are on the Rhine bridge standing there half-way accross it doing nothing as usual, then you throw your GSM as far as you can into the water.

Her words wil go 'blah blah moan moan blurb blurb' and voila, mission accompliced. Man, you are free for the whole trip! Grasp the weightiness of your desicion ... a whole new freedom opens up for you!

Mumut

Well begun is half done...
Registered
Reaction score
Expensive, isn't it? Couldn't you just keep the GSM turned off. Anyway, I'll let you et back to the foam on the top of your stein.

aspier

Banned
Reaction score
Website
users.skynet.be
Expensive, isn't it? Couldn't you just keep the GSM turned off. Anyway, I'll let you et back to the foam on the top of your stein.

Mm Gertrude Stein ... a rose is a rose is a rose. Who cares about the expensiveness of an 'apparatus' that screws up freedom? Yours and others? See, the other person (partner or anybody else) too has this 'obligation' to phone you telling you when she/he arrives where, when stepping on the bus, when getting off, etc. Actually its cheap to get rid of disturbing and polutive noise. Ever been on a train in Europe? Lately I heard a ringtone like a screaming baby in France. Well the kid screamed all the way from Paris to that other place I went and cannot remember or write its name.

Anyway, that ... see?

icerose

Lost in School Work
Registered
Reaction score
What kind of wives do you guys have? My husband is the frequent caller in this family.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
I think cellphone outrage is a bit overbaked. It's becoming more irritating than the annoying ringtones. If you don't want to be called, don't have one.

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
Actually the title is ... 'how to drown your wife's words'.

Well come to Köln (Germany) and then you walk over the bridge over the Rhine till you are in the middle. Then you take your GSM and phone your wife. And when she start asking you why you are on the Rhine bridge standing there half-way accross it doing nothing as usual, then you throw your GSM as far as you can into the water.

Her words wil go 'blah blah moan moan blurb blurb' and voila, mission accompliced. Man, you are free for the whole trip! Grasp the weightiness of your desicion ... a whole new freedom opens up for you!
Fortunately I don't suffer from such a need as I have internal filters that do the job well enough, thank you.

aspier

Banned
Reaction score
Website
users.skynet.be
I think cellphone outrage is a bit overbaked. It's becoming more irritating than the annoying ringtones. If you don't want to be called, don't have one.

Actually brokenfingers, mine got stolen now more than a year ago on an airport ... along with five 'ungettable' copied of Luis Lach's Cd's ... he's the Leonard Cohen of Catalunya. (I shouldn't have copied the cd's - bad karma). This post a a hypothetical writers dream thing. So my wife never phones me. Neighter can my bosses.

Icerose, we'll get on fine but you probably like your husband more (for phoning you so much). My wife a lovely and I think the best one (for me ... others like her too though ... oeee, etc. Maybe I must buy a new phone and start doing like your husband as well)

Re this thing of phones ringing on busses, planes and trains ... well yes, it isses me off but ok not that much. I just find it unbelievable bad manners to talk to somebody else when you are among other people. And now being staying in some youth hostels on a trip I'd done, I've become so aware how the teenagers are hooked on their phones. Its like an essential piece of gear. They phone when the step into an elevator and when they step out they phone somebody else. Its a pathetic developement killing all open definitions of social contact, etc. I find it sad ... but then again our whole consumer oriented world is so wrong. No?

Last edited:

icerose

Lost in School Work
Registered
Reaction score
Icerose, we'll get on fine but you probably like your husband more (for phoning you so much). My wife a lovely and I think the best one (for me ... others like her too though ... oeee, etc. Maybe I must buy a new phone and start doing like your husband as well)

Actually it can get annoying, but he has security issues, he needs to know that me and the kids are okay. So I bear it then go about my day, and he doesn't have the conversations long so it isn't much of an interruption.

It certainly kills my desire to call and talk to him when I've already talked to him three times that day. Maybe that will solve your problem, just call her and have a short conversation a few times a day when it's convenient for you.

Joycecwilliams

Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like the issue goes deeper than the cell phone in the water to me...

However I am currently working on a way to legally kill my husband. (this is a humor piece I am working on)

I am making him all the foods he loves. Cheeseburgers, French Fries, Cheesecake, Cheese Steaks, anything that has tons of fat.

I am also insisting that he lay down on the couch and not do a thing... just eat potato chips, and ice cream.

I also hired some great looking young guys to come do the yard work, and home repairs. I just want my husband to rest... forever..

Last edited:

Mumut

Well begun is half done...
Registered
Reaction score

However I am currently working on a way to legally kill my husband. (this is a humor piece I am working on)

I am making him all the foods he loves. Cheeseburgers, French Fries, Cheesecake, Cheese Steaks, anything that has tons of fat.

I am also insisting that he lay down on the couch and not do a thing... just eat potato chips, and ice cream.

I also hired some great looking young guys to come do the yard work, and home repairs. I just want my husband to rest... forever..

This would be one of the slowest way to murder someone I've ever heard of. But don't forget, Denny's used to have a desert called 'Death by Chocolate'. That could save you months, maybe even a year.

aspier

Banned
Reaction score
Website
users.skynet.be

Yes yes that. At last someone that knows about love and telephones! Listen keep this up and one day when he really has got the knack and hang of the love you give him, sneak a cellphone under his pillow. And wenn he again purrs like a happy Tom cat ... phone him! That'll do the truck!

aspier

Banned
Reaction score
Website
users.skynet.be
What a tasteless thread title.

omg yes but what a tastefull post at last! If you phone your hb when he's at soccer, does he stop watching the game and start talk love dove stuff with you? Infront of his mates? Or does he consider taking the phone and use it as a soccer ball?

('soccer' that means socker, the game? the kicking of that round ball with about 30 people on the field running up and down like kids after it - god knows why? Or is it 22?)

Kitrianna

Official Bad Cat's Prez
Registered
Reaction score
In one of THOSE moods. Look out people, no one is
This would be one of the slowest way to murder someone I've ever heard of. But don't forget, Denny's used to have a desert called 'Death by Chocolate'. That could save you months, maybe even a year.

I still make a dessert called "Death By Chocolate"...brownies that is. You're welcome to the recipe once I write it down and get it out of my head. And if you go to Buffalo, NY (my home town!) there is a ice cream company that makes an absolutely delicious ice cream called "Death By Chocolate". Just trying to help things along...

Joycecwilliams

Registered
Reaction score

Yeah I heard of it...

I didn't say I was in a hurry... :)

Joycecwilliams

Registered
Reaction score
I still make a dessert called "Death By Chocolate"...brownies that is. You're welcome to the recipe once I write it down and get it out of my head. And if you go to Buffalo, NY (my home town!) there is a ice cream company that makes an absolutely delicious ice cream called "Death By Chocolate". Just trying to help things along...

Send me the recipe....