My First Graphic Novel

Status
Not open for further replies.

alveraz

Registered
Reaction score
EDITED: Hey guys, I could really use some help over at SYW. I posted an outline and the first six pages of my comic-book and would love some thoughts on it, I'm not getting much feedback so far. Thanks!

Last edited:

Mumut

Well begun is half done...
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know about artists but look at SYW to share your work. And while you're at it, is it feasible for an author to write the screenplay for his own book. I'm always getting comments like 'you should make a film out of this story'. But can it happen in real life?

Oh, and welcome to AW. Enjoy the wealth of information and assistance here.

alveraz

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, I'm on my way to post the outline in SYW now. Be sure to swing by and give me some thoughts on it :)

As for your question, sure, adaptation from novel to script is done by several screenwriter's however there's some major differences in the writing technique and many novelists find it to be a hard transition. I would pick up a few books on the subject of adaptation, there's some good one's out there. Keep in mind that if you're not a fan of cutting the fat, you'll drive yourself nuts, as adaptation requires that discipline and ability to cut down big ideas into very precises ones.

Good luck and thanks again for the help!

Mumut

Well begun is half done...
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, I'm on my way to post the outline in SYW now. Be sure to swing by and give me some thoughts on it :)

As for your question, sure, adaptation from novel to script is done by several screenwriter's however there's some major differences in the writing technique and many novelists find it to be a hard transition. I would pick up a few books on the subject of adaptation, there's some good one's out there. Keep in mind that if you're not a fan of cutting the fat, you'll drive yourself nuts, as adaptation requires that discipline and ability to cut down big ideas into very precises ones.

Good luck and thanks again for the help!

Thanks, Alveraz. I'll get down to the bookshop and have a good look around.

alveraz

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks! I actually landed a couple great artists that have both worked with Marvel and Image, so I'm off to a great start. Onward!

Status
Not open for further replies.