PDA

View Full Version : I am about to drink a cup of coffee, which I will not enjoy.

Captain Scarf
05-29-2008, 05:49 PM
I hate coffee.

Yet I am somewhat bored so I am going to entertain myself by drinking it. Don't worry, I'm not a self harmer.

Anyone else do this sort of thing, or am I alone in this rather odd practice?

Seaclusion
05-29-2008, 05:50 PM
I've never been that bored.

Richard

slcboston
05-29-2008, 05:53 PM
I've never hated coffee...:e2coffee:

alleycat
05-29-2008, 05:57 PM
Add lemon. That should add to the experience.

;-)

cletus
05-29-2008, 05:58 PM
I hate Marmite. You will never find me eating it out of boredom or starvation.

Kate Thornton
05-29-2008, 06:02 PM
In the Army, everyone drank coffee & I couldn't stand it. Then I tried coffee ice cream - well, how bad is anything that makes into ice cream? (Even garlic in Gilroy!)

Now I drink 1 cup each morning - with plenty of 1/2 & 1/2 and Splenda. Very nice.

If you don't like coffee, well, drinking it doesn't make a lot of sense except that you should always give "adult" foods another chance once you are a grown up.

I think being bored means you haven't thought of all the great stuff there is to do - get busy thinking!

Captain Scarf
05-29-2008, 06:04 PM
Seriously guys, How can you drink this stuff?!

It tastes like burnt toast with an extra helping of very dark chocolate. (YUCK!)

It is entertaining though - so has actually fulfilled its purpose

maestrowork
05-29-2008, 06:07 PM
I am afraid of height.

I went parachuting.

If you don't like coffee at all, try a shot of expresso in lots of lots of creamy chocolate mix and whipped cream and ice... you know, like a mocha frappacino! Yum.

I don't normally drink coffee, but I'm a mocha frap addict.

Bmwhtly
05-29-2008, 06:09 PM
It tastes like burnt toast with an extra helping of very dark chocolate. (YUCK!)
Don't blame coffe just because you can't make it properly

slcboston
05-29-2008, 06:27 PM
Seriously guys, How can you drink this stuff?!

It is entertaining though - so has actually fulfilled its purpose

Ok, here's where you went wrong:

You don't drink coffee.

You made it yourself. :D

(This would be like maestro conquering his fear of heights by packing his own parachute, climbing to the top of a cliff, and BASE jumping by himself. Not a smart idea. :D)

If you're going to try something new, it would be a good idea to consult someone who knows what they're doing. Bad coffee is easy to make. Good coffee is also easy, but not AS easy, and it's a world of difference between the two.

My suggestion is to investigate a bit, start out with something more "newbie friendly" such as the aforementioned frappa-whatever or a mocha latte or something... and then move on to straight coffee.

And bear in mind, different blends have different flavors. I like strong, dark coffee myself, but you might prefer something lighter. Again, experiment, investigate, and do a little research first. :Coffee:

clockwork
05-29-2008, 06:31 PM
The world is right when there is coffee in my cup. :)

James81
05-29-2008, 06:42 PM
Did you put sugar in it at least? Or are you drinking it black?

JoeEkaitis
05-29-2008, 06:56 PM
Coffee is the Buzz of the Gods.