Busy week...

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
...in mscelinaland with my new book due for release next week (EIGHT DAYS! ACK!) and some other deals that hopefully I'll get to announce in the near future. However...

...today I got a new review for The Reckoning of Asphodel at The Muse Book Reviews. Although Asphodel has gotten some really great reviews, this reviewer touched on the themes that were nearest and dearest to my heart.

The site gets a 3 month exclusive on the review itself, but I can post a teensy little portion:

What makes me so excited about “The Reckoning of Asphodel”? From the prelude onwards there is a quiet power in the heroine’s voice. Tamsen Ka’antira de Asphodel watched as her uncle killed her parents. And as Ms. Summers unveils these murders you will hear the determination in Tamsen’s voice. Her questioning, her fears, her sadness, her love, and her power are opened to the reader’s ears. I haven’t cried during a fantasy book in some time.

*grin*

I'm verra verra happy. Just wanted to share! Go check out the rest of the review by following the linkie above.

dawinsor

Dorothy A. Winsor
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
"quiet power in the heroine's voice"---I don't think it gets much better than that.

oarsman

Salt water is the cure
Registered
Reaction score
Excellent review! Congratulations on the new book and future deals! :)

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
Thanks folks! I'll know more about the future deals after BEA. If you guys would cross your fingers and send good karma my way, it would be GREATLY appreciated.

You might get to see the 'giddy' mscelina. It's scary but fun!

;)