Common Courtesy

Kitrianna

Official Bad Cat's Prez
Registered
Reaction score
In one of THOSE moods. Look out people, no one is
Ok, now I know that most of you who are fortunate enough to have internet at home may not know what I'm talking about, but I'll get y'all talkin anyways...or at least try.

I'm sitting in the library earlier, using one of the public internet computers and a woman sitsdown at the computer beside me. Now I grew up with the no talking in the library and all that good rot. She's cackling every 10 seconds over something or another that she sees online and she is pounding on the keyboards (and I do mean pounding) with her henpeck typing. Now y'all have a tendency to make me laugh, but I do my damndest to keep it down, if not silent and I am getting more than slightly annoyed with people yacking, playing loud music and/or bouncing tables at which I am either sitting or standing at while using the internet. It just makes me want to scream! What the bloody hell has happened to common courtesy these days?

Seaclusion

Absolute Parsley
Registered
Reaction score
Now I see that as a challenge. We all need to post items so outrageously funny that Kitranna will burst out in laughter right in the middle of the library. Common courtesy aside.

Richard

Seaclusion

Absolute Parsley
Registered
Reaction score
Oh sorry. Liberry as it is know colloquially.

Richard

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
Ok, now I know that most of you who are fortunate enough to have internet at home may not know what I'm talking about, but I'll get y'all talkin anyways...or at least try.

I'm sitting in the library earlier, using one of the public internet computers and a woman sitsdown at the computer beside me. Now I grew up with the no talking in the library and all that good rot. She's cackling every 10 seconds over something or another...
You need to make that in a font large enough for her to read. Here, I'll do it for you:
I'm sitting in the library earlier, using one of the public internet computers and a woman sitsdown at the computer beside me. Now I grew up with the no talking in the library and all that good rot. She's cackling every 10 seconds over something or another
Hope this helps...

Writer???

Because EYE said so!
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
"Common" courtesy hasn't been all that common in decades and the internet, ipods, cell phones et al are just expanding the discourtesy exponentially.

"As fer LyeBerries, hell theys jes a place to put yer boogers 'n gum under the table whail yus waitin' fer yer girlyfriend to come make nahse-nahse." :D

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I enjoy a common curtsy.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I see Kurt. He's the Captain. Some people call him Kirk, though. I don't get that?

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
HEY LADY BESIDE ME, CAN YOU KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT PLZ AND STOP CLACKING THOSE KEYS! YOU'RE NOT A MONKEY!

LOVE,

KIT

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
You should visit my library, which is now apparently a kind of social hub for old ladies and children. Even the librarians sit there and yak at each other in the upstairs, adult study area. Little kids running all around looking for their mommies, yelling for attention...

::Jo puts on a curmudgeonly scowl and shakes her cane at the young'ins::

oarsman

Salt water is the cure
Registered
Reaction score
... and she is pounding on the keyboards (and I do mean pounding) with her henpeck typing.

I think that woman owes the library a new keyboard...

broken-keyboard.jpg

Kitrianna

Official Bad Cat's Prez
Registered
Reaction score
In one of THOSE moods. Look out people, no one is
GAH!

The title says it all. Does it never end? Are people really so stupid that they don't learn and or ask how to operate the computer that they're at? Do they not care? Don't the librarians? Ok, that question got answered, thankfully this librarian does care cause I was going to go postal on someone tonight...Maybe I need medication or therapy or something...

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
Get a nice set of earplugs, or listen to an iPod while at the computer. Sorry, it's not funny, but it helps me when I'm trying to write in the dining room while the whole family is howling at a sitcom.

BTW, welcome, fellow Ontarian!

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frellin
Website
www.myspace.com
Eating a large amount of beans or licorice before going could cut down on their proximity:D

I'm sitting in the library earlier, using one of the public internet computers and a woman sitsdown at the computer beside me. Now I grew up with the no talking in the library and all that good rot. She's cackling every 10 seconds over something or another that she sees online and she is pounding on the keyboards (and I do mean pounding) with her henpeck typing. Now y'all have a tendency to make me laugh, but I do my damndest to keep it down, if not silent and I am getting more than slightly annoyed with people yacking, playing loud music and/or bouncing tables at which I am either sitting or standing at while using the internet. It just makes me want to scream! What the bloody hell has happened to common courtesy these days?

Last edited: