PDA

View Full Version : Common Courtesy

Kitrianna
05-27-2008, 11:32 PM
Ok, now I know that most of you who are fortunate enough to have internet at home may not know what I'm talking about, but I'll get y'all talkin anyways...or at least try.

I'm sitting in the library earlier, using one of the public internet computers and a woman sitsdown at the computer beside me. Now I grew up with the no talking in the library and all that good rot. She's cackling every 10 seconds over something or another that she sees online and she is pounding on the keyboards (and I do mean pounding) with her henpeck typing. Now y'all have a tendency to make me laugh, but I do my damndest to keep it down, if not silent and I am getting more than slightly annoyed with people yacking, playing loud music and/or bouncing tables at which I am either sitting or standing at while using the internet. It just makes me want to scream! What the bloody hell has happened to common courtesy these days?

Seaclusion
05-27-2008, 11:47 PM
Now I see that as a challenge. We all need to post items so outrageously funny that Kitranna will burst out in laughter right in the middle of the library. Common courtesy aside.

Richard

Meerkat
05-27-2008, 11:49 PM
What's a "Library"?

Seaclusion
05-27-2008, 11:50 PM
Oh sorry. Liberry as it is know colloquially.

Richard

Kitrianna
05-27-2008, 11:53 PM
Now I see that as a challenge. We all need to post items so outrageously funny that Kitranna will burst out in laughter right in the middle of the library. Common courtesy aside.

Richard
You have two days to work on that one love.

benbradley
05-27-2008, 11:56 PM
Ok, now I know that most of you who are fortunate enough to have internet at home may not know what I'm talking about, but I'll get y'all talkin anyways...or at least try.

I'm sitting in the library earlier, using one of the public internet computers and a woman sitsdown at the computer beside me. Now I grew up with the no talking in the library and all that good rot. She's cackling every 10 seconds over something or another...
You need to make that in a font large enough for her to read. Here, I'll do it for you:

I'm sitting in the library earlier, using one of the public internet computers and a woman sitsdown at the computer beside me. Now I grew up with the no talking in the library and all that good rot. She's cackling every 10 seconds over something or another
Hope this helps...

Writer???
05-28-2008, 12:48 AM
"Common" courtesy hasn't been all that common in decades and the internet, ipods, cell phones et al are just expanding the discourtesy exponentially.

"As fer LyeBerries, hell theys jes a place to put yer boogers 'n gum under the table whail yus waitin' fer yer girlyfriend to come make nahse-nahse." :D

KTC
05-28-2008, 12:52 AM
I enjoy a common curtsy.

Writer???
05-28-2008, 01:00 AM
"I enjoy a common curtsy."

Yeah, but yur Canadian. Down heah, men don't Kurtsee.

KTC
05-28-2008, 01:07 AM
I see Kurt. He's the Captain. Some people call him Kirk, though. I don't get that?

chevbrock
05-28-2008, 04:05 AM
Go back to the main office party board and have a look at the order of posts. You're not sitting next to clockwork9, are you? :)

Kitrianna
05-29-2008, 08:35 PM
Seaclusion..you let my thread die and there's nothing on here to make me cackle insanely. Shame on you!

James81
05-29-2008, 08:46 PM
HEY LADY BESIDE ME, CAN YOU KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT PLZ AND STOP CLACKING THOSE KEYS! YOU'RE NOT A MONKEY!

LOVE,

KIT

Kitrianna
05-30-2008, 02:19 AM
ROFLMFAO @ James. So far you win first prize for almost making me throw decorum out the window.

Kitrianna
05-30-2008, 02:32 AM
Ok, I'm gonna beat Sea with that moose again. He didn't make good on his challenge. I really did want to piss someone off like they do to me :P

JoNightshade
05-30-2008, 02:40 AM
You should visit my library, which is now apparently a kind of social hub for old ladies and children. Even the librarians sit there and yak at each other in the upstairs, adult study area. Little kids running all around looking for their mommies, yelling for attention...

::Jo puts on a curmudgeonly scowl and shakes her cane at the young'ins::

oarsman
05-30-2008, 02:45 AM
... and she is pounding on the keyboards (and I do mean pounding) with her henpeck typing.

I think that woman owes the library a new keyboard...

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p107/oarsman/broken-keyboard.jpg

C.bronco
05-30-2008, 02:56 AM
She's robably encountered lolcats. I pretend to cough to mask the laughter when I see them. Many think I have whooping cough.

Kitrianna
05-30-2008, 03:05 AM
*lays her head down on the desk and comes as close to howling as she dares at the library* I must behave myself...at least until the file I need to fix my satellite is up and on my thumb drive

benbradley
05-30-2008, 03:33 AM
I think that woman owes the library a new keyboard...
It it were a Model M (http://www.preater.com/modelm/#mozTocId58606), it would still work and hardly have a scratch.

Kitrianna
05-30-2008, 03:45 AM
Ben you're living in a dream world...it's a library! they can't even be bothered to fix/replace equipment that breaks down in a timely fashion let alone by good stuff.

Kitrianna
05-30-2008, 04:03 AM
The title says it all. Does it never end? Are people really so stupid that they don't learn and or ask how to operate the computer that they're at? Do they not care? Don't the librarians? Ok, that question got answered, thankfully this librarian does care cause I was going to go postal on someone tonight...Maybe I need medication or therapy or something...

Chumplet
05-30-2008, 04:17 AM
Get a nice set of earplugs, or listen to an iPod while at the computer. Sorry, it's not funny, but it helps me when I'm trying to write in the dining room while the whole family is howling at a sitcom.

BTW, welcome, fellow Ontarian!

Kitrianna
05-30-2008, 04:20 AM
I wish it was that easy. I have a MP3 player, but they make me keep the volume so low that I can STILL hear people yakking and typing over it.

DL Hegel
05-30-2008, 04:28 AM
Eating a large amount of beans or licorice before going could cut down on their proximity:D

I'm sitting in the library earlier, using one of the public internet computers and a woman sitsdown at the computer beside me. Now I grew up with the no talking in the library and all that good rot. She's cackling every 10 seconds over something or another that she sees online and she is pounding on the keyboards (and I do mean pounding) with her henpeck typing. Now y'all have a tendency to make me laugh, but I do my damndest to keep it down, if not silent and I am getting more than slightly annoyed with people yacking, playing loud music and/or bouncing tables at which I am either sitting or standing at while using the internet. It just makes me want to scream! What the bloody hell has happened to common courtesy these days?

Kitrianna
05-30-2008, 04:35 AM
Hmmm..a large amount of beans AND dairy without taking my lactase pills...now there's an idea

DL Hegel
05-30-2008, 04:38 AM
Hmmm..a large amount of beans AND dairy without taking my lactase pills...now there's an idea
you got the idea;)People don't open their pie holes as much when the air is toxic:D

Kitrianna
05-30-2008, 04:41 AM
and i suppose it's hard to henpeck when you can't breath

Kitrianna
05-30-2008, 04:54 AM

Richard
DL got y`all beat...I even scared the guy