Most Embarrassing Moment

lakotagirl

Forgot what I was gonna say
Registered
Reaction score
I got on the topic of embarrassing moments with a friend and thought I'd share mine here. Would love to hear yours.

We were on Interstate 80 coming home from visiting family in South Dakota. I really had to pee. My sister had to go also, but she wasn't as close to peeing her pants as I was.

We finally found a rest stop near a little Illinois town called Princeton. As we pulled into the parking spot, I couldn't wait any longer. I jumped out of the car before it stopped yelling "I gotta go."

My sister yelled back that she was right behind me.

I ran inside and into the closest stall where I made the toilet without peeing my pants.

I heard my sister come in. I heard her go into the stall next to mine.

Then I heard the most god-awful, disgusting farting from her stall. Now, she is my sister - and I can't just let something like that go and be polite about it. So I shouted "I heard that! You are so disgusting. Geez! Were you born in a freaking barn or what!"

I really laid it on thick. -- Until I heard my sister giggling further down the row of toilets. I looked down and the shoes I saw did not belong to my sister.

It took her twenty minutes to coax me out of that stall. She later told me that the lady had come in at the same time as her and had hurried into the stall next to mine. My sister had walked further down the row.

She said that the look on the lady's face as she came out of the stall was classic. And the look on my face when I finally emerged was "Lucille Ball".

I wish I could say that I learned my lesson from that one - but I still open my mouth and insert my foot on a regular basis.

BlueLucario

Blood Elves FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I just farted during the exams. Everyone heard it and I'm there pretending like nothing happened.

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
I make a habit of never sharing my most embarrassing moment. I will tell you about a different embarrassing moment - in fact, have a "standard answer" for the question - but I keep the most embarrassing to myself.

If I want to forget it ever happened, I can't go around telling people about it on the internet, now can I?

I can't be the only one. How many people give a funny, light embarrassing moment answer and never reveal the real, true, MOST embarrassing?

Salem

query-impaired
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
This is a put-your-foot-in-your-mouth kind of embarrassing:

A really creepy looking man was coming down the escalator at a store that I used to work in. I nudged one of my co-workers and jokingly said, "Here comes your boyfriend."
Yep, you guessed it--it really was her boyfriend!

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
I told an acquaintance I hadn't seen for awhile congratulations on her pregnancy and she replied, "I'm not pregnant, I'm just fat!" I wanted to fall through the floor, but she seemed fine about it. lol.

Trish

Registered
Reaction score
Website
childrens-books-author-p-puddle.com
Lacotagirl, That is the funniest thing I've heard in a long while. You funny woman. I loved it. I laughed till I peed my self. That would be like something I would do.

It reminds me of a time when one of my sisters was in a cubicle and she dropped something. I can't say what it was, only that it was a woman's thing and it had been used. It fell on the floor and under the gap to the next cubicle. She was so embarrassed when she looked under and saw shoes there. So she reached her hand under and snatched it back, and said, "Sorry, but that's mine." heheh. She didn't come out of her cubicle either until the coast was clear.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Think I've told this one before - in college I had a friend who was always followed around by these pathetic guys who wanted to be her girlfriend (even though she had a bf already). One of them, Al, was a regular. He would sit and stare at her with these big doe eyes and hang out at our place constantly.

One night I'm with my boyfriend, and we go to someone's apartment. Much to our surprise... Al is there WITH AN ACTUAL REAL LIVE GIRLFRIEND.

Later, we're leaving, going down some spiral stairs. I say, "Wow, he finally bagged one!"

Only to round the stairs and realize Al's new girlfriend is right behind us.

::Jo dies::

Trish

Registered
Reaction score
Website
One of my many embarrassing moments was when I was about 27. I had taken my kids down to the rock pool by the beach in the school holidays. I lay on the concrete stairs reading a book and watching my kids swim in the pool.

I looked up to see this man, leering at me. He parked himself opposite me and kept winking at me. I just ignored him and carried on reading my book. I noticed a few people walking by smiled at me also. What? I thought.

My ten year old daughter came running up to me, dripping wet, she said, “Mummy, why is your booby hanging out? You’re so embarrassing. My friends are teasing me.”

Mortified, I looked down to find that one of my boobs was exposed. I was layed sideways across the stairs, and my skimpy bikini top had moved. I quickly covered up, glared at the man, and yelled, “Come on kids, time to go home.”

Last edited:

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
When I was in grade school, I accidentally kicked a Nun in the bum. I've told this on the forums before, I think.

I haven't been the same since.

Sincerely,
Gehanna

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
Maestrowork just caused me to dry heave. I'm gonna puke.

Gehanna

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
ugh! stop! lol I just ate something and I can feel chunks in my throat. I'm leaving this thread before I see what I ate a second time.

Sincerely,
Pukehanna Gehanna kinda like Hannah Montana only not.

Trish

Registered
Reaction score
Website
When I was a baby I apparently ate re cycled baked beans out my nappy. hehee. Guess what I'm eating for my lunch at this very moment? Toasted baked bean and cheese sandwich. Mmmm, Yummy! hehehe

Madison

summertime...
Registered
Reaction score
One time I was running at track with one of my best friends. Lots of moms use the track at school, too, and that day there were a bunch of speed-walker moms in stretch pants marching around the track. They carry weights and move their arms back and forth a lot and talk about their kids incessantly - you know the type.

I made some smart comment about how dumb they looked - unfortunately I can't remember what I said, only that it wasn't very nice.

And of course my friend promptly said...

"My mom is one of those moms."

Beyondian

musker vyusher
Registered
Reaction score
Ahah! I remembered one. When I was working early hours, I used to turn up at my office before anyone else was there. I usually went up in the lifts, checked to see if anyone else was there, and went down again if they weren't (as I didn't know the security code to turn off the alarms).
One day I went up in the lift and hopped out. All was quiet. The office was dark. I scooted self-consciously towards the stairs, planning to make a break for it and go get a coffee... when... the alarm blipped a warning. As I dithered, the alarm burst into full screeching song. I tried every code I could think of. No dice.
And then the phone started ringing. By now I was shaking all over, and so when I picked up the phone I could barely reply to the poor security people on the other side. That and I couldn't hear them over the alarm (which was hideously loud and piercing). Finally my BOSS (and I mean Director of the company boss) walked in and turned off the alarm before giving me a half-concerned, half-amused look.
I could have died.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Ah, I've set off the alarm before. I used to clean this office at 10 PM and I had a code, but one night it just malfunctioned. I did the run-for-the-phone thing but they STILL sent a cop over there... so here I am out in the black of night with a bunch of bulging trash bags, trying to explain that "Yes officer, I just tripped the alarm! Honest!"

Beyondian

musker vyusher
Registered
Reaction score
Strangely enough they believed me even though I didn't have the code or password. Maybe my voice is just naturally innocent over the phone.

I also nearly set off the smoke alarm at my polytech once. I burnt my noodles in the microwave. It wasn't a pretty sight.

ACEnders

Self-Banned
Registered
Reaction score
Website
strugglingwritersblog.blogspot.com
In third grade, we had a "Beach Day." We got to come in with our little bathing suits and beach towels, and we played beach type games outside all day. I don't remember what game I was playing, but the boy I had a crush on came up to me and pulled my bathing suit bottom down. I was upset, I burst into tears, and my mom had to come pick me up. It took a lot to get me to go back to school the next day.

Good news is that in fourth grade, I punched the same boy in the nose while out on the playground. He fell backwards into the mud. :D

Trish

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Ahaha. Something like that happened to my daughter when she was thirteen. She was with her younger brother and her younger cousins, all boys when one of them pulled her cosie down. He laughed and called her, "Purple fannie." So she smacked him clean accross his face. He was aged ten at the time. she got into trouble of his mom, but she didn't say why she'd hit him.

sheadakota

part of the human equation
Registered
Reaction score
I was on the track team in college and had a crush on the 'guy', you know, the gorgeous jock- we lived in the same dorm and would go running together. In case you didn't know- it is very difficult to run and flirt at the same time- but I was trying my best-
About two miles into the run, we were talking and I turned to smile at him and BAM!! I ran head first into a lamp pole.

I went down like a stone- split my head open and was bleeding all over the place- he was jogging in place saying "Are you ok?"

I'm like - "Umm, yeah- go on without me."

HE DID!

I needed stiches- he never did ask me out- go figure.

DWSTXS

Mr Mojo Risin...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
middle of the night. 1971. Side of the highway. cop pulls me over. I'm 16 years old. it's drizzling rain. nobody on the streets except me and cop. he uses his bullhorn, tells me to get out of the car and step back to his car.
Me, nervous as hell. standing there in the drizzle. thinking i'm about to get a ticket.

Knew i wouldn't get busted because my stash was empty.
4 cops in the car. cop in the back seat is eyes me suspiciously. cop in front calls in my driver's license to check me out.

I'm fidgety. nervous. pull out a cigarette pack. take one out. pull out a lighter and light it. from the glow of the flame at the tip of the cigarette, i see how i've pulled out a forgotten joint and now I'm lighting up in front of 4 cops. can you say f***ed?

my eyes go wide. I fidget and drop the joint and rub it out under my shoe. Cop in back seat does triple take. he leans forward to say something to cop #1. Radio squawks something loud and urgent. cop#1 gives me a dirty look, tosses my driver's license out the window, yells at me to go home. They peel out and lights flashing, haul ass in a hurry.

I breathe a sigh of relief and walk, legs trembling, back to my car. I wish I had a cigarette.

Last edited: