PDA

View Full Version : Aaah, Motherhood! (WARNING: GRAPHIC VOMIT STORY)

Mandy-Jane
05-27-2008, 04:49 PM
So I put my kids to bed tonight. Everyone's well, healthy and happy. About one hour later I hear this weird choking sound from my 4 year old's bedroom. As soon as I get near the door, I smell it.

I walk over to her bed. It's everywhere. She's lying on her back so it's gone down both sides of her neck, in her hair, all over the sheet, the pillow and the blanket.

And it's solid. Half-digested bits of food, some of which I can't even identify. There's things in there I'm certain she hasn't even eaten! Meanwhile she's crying, as you do, so I put her back in the bath (second time for tonight), wash her hair, put her in clean pyjamas, make her bed and settle her again.

Then the real fun. I've been rinsing these solid bits of whatever off everything, while trying not to throw up myself. Now they can soak overnight.

Thankfully, she's sleeping peacefully now, so hopefully, a nice, quiet, non-eventful night.

Thanks for listening! I feel better now.

alleycat
05-27-2008, 04:53 PM
You'll someday get a nice Mothers Day card that says, "I lov you, mommie".

Mandy-Jane
05-27-2008, 05:07 PM
Sweet. In fact, I already got one of those!

C.bronco
05-27-2008, 05:09 PM
I hope she's feeling better!

L M Ashton
05-27-2008, 05:13 PM
Yeah, I hate semi-solid vomit. :( I'm a sympathy vomiter, so you really have my sympathy.

Southern_girl29
05-27-2008, 07:28 PM
I hope she feels better soon. Luckily, my four-year-old daughter is not a puker, so I've only had to to go through that one time. But, once was enough.

James81
05-27-2008, 07:38 PM
Oh, vomit stories are the worst! lol

How about THIS one?

About a year or so ago I put my son to bed and went out to the couch to watch a movie. I ended up falling asleep on the couch. Anyways, sometime in the night I feel this little nudge on my arm, timid and shy and I hear a voice saying "Daddy! Daddy!"

The minute I opened my eyes and turned my head, he throw up ON MY FACE. No, not on my head or on the floor in front of me, but ON MY FACE.

It was the most horrifying experience with waking up I've ever had.

Kitrianna
05-27-2008, 09:29 PM
I got lucky. My children are like me. We don't puke because we know when we're getting sick to that point and stop eating hours in advance. Usually it works, but sometimes I have one sneak up on me. No, the kids still don't puke...it's usually me. I did it to the hubs a couple weeks ago. Didn't sleep the night before. Got home from town that afternoon exhausted. Said honey, I'm going to lay down for a bit...famous last words. An hour goes by, he tries to wake me up. I try to roll over, feel the nausea, quit trying to roll over and go back to sleep. The story would probably have had a happy ending if it weren't for the fact that I'm diabetic and have to eat every few hours and he knows this and made a second, more determined effort to get me up for some food.

An hour later, he comes back and he won't leave until I get up. So over I try to roll and that not so lovely feeling washes over me, but he still won't leave me alone even though by now I HAVE to be green. No he keeps pushing me to get up. What do ya know? I christened the bed...every time I tried to roll over a little more of my pomegranate juice and chocolate chip muffin came up all over my pillows, hair, neck, arm, and a bit of his side of the bed. It is so not fun when you don't even stand a chance of redocorating the bathroom. The worst part? He's a sympathy puker so I even had to clean it all up. That folks, really bites.

jennifer75
05-27-2008, 10:42 PM
So I put my kids to bed tonight. Everyone's well, healthy and happy. About one hour later I hear this weird choking sound from my 4 year old's bedroom. As soon as I get near the door, I smell it.

I walk over to her bed. It's everywhere. She's lying on her back so it's gone down both sides of her neck, in her hair, all over the sheet, the pillow and the blanket.

And it's solid. Half-digested bits of food, some of which I can't even identify. There's things in there I'm certain she hasn't even eaten! Meanwhile she's crying, as you do, so I put her back in the bath (second time for tonight), wash her hair, put her in clean pyjamas, make her bed and settle her again.

Then the real fun. I've been rinsing these solid bits of whatever off everything, while trying not to throw up myself. Now they can soak overnight.

Thankfully, she's sleeping peacefully now, so hopefully, a nice, quiet, non-eventful night.

Thanks for listening! I feel better now.

I take the new puppy approach when ever I think my son might throw up in the night. I line the floors with paper. Seriously.

jennifer75
05-27-2008, 10:43 PM
Oh, vomit stories are the worst! lol

How about THIS one?

About a year or so ago I put my son to bed and went out to the couch to watch a movie. I ended up falling asleep on the couch. Anyways, sometime in the night I feel this little nudge on my arm, timid and shy and I hear a voice saying "Daddy! Daddy!"

The minute I opened my eyes and turned my head, he throw up ON MY FACE. No, not on my head or on the floor in front of me, but ON MY FACE.

It was the most horrifying experience with waking up I've ever had.

Oh God, I don't know what is more hilarious - the Wil and Grace episode I'm half listening to, or your vomit story. :P