Finally talked my publisher into this

spacejock2

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.spacejock.com.au
The fourth Hal Spacejock book comes out this evening (the launch is 2 hours away), and I'm pleased to announce my publisher has agreed to release the complete text of the first Hal Spacejock novel as a free ebook

(The first book is about to undergo a third printing, and it was a national bestseller when first released, so you're getting a pretty good freebie.)

The download is available to all, so please share this news.

JJ Cooper

Registered
Reaction score
Great news, Simon.

JJ

ETA - Hope you don't mind, Simon. Just added a quick blog post about the launch and giveaway.

Last edited:

jchines

Got the hang of it, here
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jimchines.com
Congrats on the new book and the e-book both! I'll be very curious to hear how the e-book works out. Sounds like you're already getting a ton of downloads.

spacejock2

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.spacejock.com.au
Congrats on the new book and the e-book both! I'll be very curious to hear how the e-book works out. Sounds like you're already getting a ton of downloads.

I'll certainly keep you informed. Bit of a gamble, but it's getting a bit of publicity in mainstream press here in Australia.

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
Good for you! The more ebooks that are released of bestselling novels, the better the ebook industry will get as a whole. You're helping a whole slew of authors you've never even met--way to go!

And of course, the publicity is nice too. ;)

And double congrats on your book release--I hope you have another bestseller on your hands!

spacejock2

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.spacejock.com.au
Several thousand people have downloaded the ebook so far, and people have been very good about linking in via blogs & forums.

There's a bit of mainstream media coverage coming up next week in Australia, and the news is slowly filtering through teacher/librarian mailing lists. (The Hal books are fun reads for teens, and the ebook is a neat way to get the text into their hands.)

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
This is such super news. Much success with this next one.

By golly....I think you are on a roll. :e2woo: