PDA

View Full Version : Blast from the Past

Birol
05-27-2008, 10:30 AM
I was just googling my name to see what would turn up and came across this ancient thread from AW's EZBoard (http://p197.ezboard.com/fabsolutewritefrm2.showMessageRange?topicID=767.to pic&start=1&stop=20) days.

CACTUSWENDY
05-27-2008, 10:40 AM
That is so funny. Lmao.

My goodness. 2004.....lol

Cranky
05-27-2008, 10:48 AM
Ha! On the internet, I don't exist! :roll:

Except as my alter-egos, of course. One of the blessings of having an extremely common name. Not exactly Jane Smith, but still...

*chuckles*

dpaterso
05-27-2008, 10:50 AM
Not as funny as Googling your own name. Talk about a social faux pas! Penalty: street cred takes 2 x d20 damage. Roll 1 x d6 to find out if you have to shave your head and become a Buddhist nun.

-Derek

Birol
05-27-2008, 11:15 AM
You don't periodically google yourself to find out where you're turning up? I've discovered myself mentioned in some of the oddest places. It's always fun when you find out someone is discussing or has linked to something you've written that way.

dpaterso
05-27-2008, 11:32 AM
Nobody talks about me, I haz nobuddy. :cry:

-Derek

Birol
05-27-2008, 12:06 PM
Aww... I'll talk about you if you want, Derek.

Mumut
05-27-2008, 12:10 PM
You don't periodically google yourself to find out where you're turning up? I've discovered myself mentioned in some of the oddest places. It's always fun when you find out someone is discussing or has linked to something you've written that way.

I google my name and the title of my book regularly. People don't tell the author when they've put a review on the internet. And I only found out my book had been accepted for the NSW Premier's Reading Challenge.

Cranky
05-27-2008, 12:18 PM
I google my name and the title of my book regularly. People don't tell the author when they've put a review on the internet. And I only found out my book had been accepted for the NSW Premier's Reading Challenge.

They don't? That is so strange to me. Even on my lowly blog (where I've only done one review so far, another pending), I've let the author know. Only seemed like the right thing to do...

*shrug*

EriRae
05-27-2008, 12:26 PM
Nobody talks about me, I haz nobuddy. :cry:

-Derek

I talk about you and your sexy avatar all the time :D Well, sometimes... half the time, to be exact. Then it changes into that Poppins woman.

Joycecwilliams
05-27-2008, 04:07 PM
I was just googling my name to see what would turn up and came across this ancient thread from AW's EZBoard (http://p197.ezboard.com/fabsolutewritefrm2.showMessageRange?topicID=767.to pic&start=1&stop=20) days.

I went there and didn't see Birol.... guess you had a different name then.. and I am too new to know it...

I'm going to go Google myself... :)

Joycecwilliams
05-27-2008, 04:18 PM
Well that was interesting... I googled my name and found out that the Old Farmer's Almanac is on line.... and my puzzle is on there...

Yippee...

Maryn
05-27-2008, 04:59 PM
My real name produces two hits that are me, both writing related, and one that's some over-achiever in Wales.

However, my pen name gets a bazillion hits (more like 30,000) from people who've lifted something I've written at Yahoo Answers, giving me credit by making me a member where they posted it. So if you're looking for off-the-cuff advice or answers, I'm your man!

Maryn, who had no idea she'd joined the Eyesight Forum, the Enhancements Page, the Music Community, Just Health Talk, and assorted other groups

Joycecwilliams
05-27-2008, 05:03 PM
My real name produces two hits that are me, both writing related, and one that's some over-achiever in Wales.

However, my pen name gets a bazillion hits (more like 30,000) from people who've lifted something I've written at Yahoo Answers, giving me credit by making me a member where they posted it. So if you're looking for off-the-cuff advice or answers, I'm your man!

Maryn, who had no idea she'd joined the Eyesight Forum, the Enhancements Page, the Music Community, Just Health Talk, and assorted other groups

Mine is the same way.... However my real name... has my writing stuff... and genealogy stuff, and pug stuff..

My pen name... has a gazillion.... I never knew there were so many joyce c. williams.. wow

maestrowork
05-27-2008, 05:42 PM
I just googled myself and this one is funny:

http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2777

That RT/Mike is crazy.

Joycecwilliams
05-27-2008, 05:46 PM
I just googled myself and this one is funny:

http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2777

That RT/Mike is crazy.

Was that before you were rich and famous?

maestrowork
05-27-2008, 05:49 PM
Was that before you were rich and famous?

This is before I (will be) rich and famous.

Joycecwilliams
05-27-2008, 05:51 PM
This is before I (will be) rich and famous.

Well I've been to your website, and it looks like your rich and famous.. :)

It's all in the preception.