Focused Word Association

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, this is yet another single word association thread. I realize something like this has been done a number of times before however, this is not going to be a "free" association. What I mean is, this one will have a certain restrictive or focused element to it. I hope you will participate.

I am going to give you a single word and I would like for the next person to respond to it with a single word association. After that comes the restrictive or rather the focused element.

The next person to respond should provide a single word association to whatever word was given by the responder above them however, each responder must also keep in mind the original word when making their association.

Depending on how long this thread becomes, it may be a good idea to bump the original word down with each post.

The word to start is:

basement

Thanks in advance,
Gehanna

Wendy J

Life Is Like A Box Of Choc.
Registered
Reaction score

Ella

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sumptuosity.blogspot.com
books

(Can I interject a funny story here? A couple years ago my hot water tank blew, and my basement flooded, soaking my many boxes of books that I don't have room for upstairs. I strung yarn across the beams and hung piles and piles of books up to dry. Looks like a hovering library. It 's so handy having the space for other junk that the books are still there. Plus it just looks cool. :))

reph

Fig of authority
Registered
Reaction score
Original word: basement (bumped down as Gehanna suggested)
Previous word: books
New word: solitude

Rose

Escribo, entonces existo.
Registered
Reaction score
Original word: basement
Previous word: dark

New word: spiders

BlueTexas

Back from self-exile land.
Registered
Reaction score
Original word: basement
Previous word: spiders

New word: cocoons

wurdwise

Banned
Reaction score
basement
secrets
dirty
rags
junk
musty
books
solitude
claustrophobia
dark
spiders
cocoons

next word: womb

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
These are very interesting associations. They have sparked some strong visualizations for me.

Free association, something I refer to as a type of linear expression, has the ability to continue indefinitely when shared among a group of people.

What I am looking for here is to see what happens with focused association when presented to and shared among a group.

Please bear with me as I am aware that I am "weird". I've been told so a number of times and in a number of ways that were not very nice but anyway....the point is, I already know.

Enough with the self pity now and moving right along......

To be quite blunt, I am exploring thought, language and expression from a geometrical perspective. Why am I doing this? ... I have no idea other than perhaps because I am "weird". :crazy:

Now that you know what I am up to, I hope you will carry on allowing me gratification of expressive voyeurism and showing tolerance for my peculiar ways.

Sincerely,
Gehanna

Wendy J

Life Is Like A Box Of Choc.
Registered
Reaction score
original word: basement
last word: womb
new word: cramped

Rose

Escribo, entonces existo.
Registered