Stupid People

Breeya Shay

Registered
Reaction score
I have a question for you guys and a bit of a rant - why are people so stupid???
I mean honestly, sometimes I wonder how they have survived in life this long! I think I've mentioned it before but I'm a Timmy Hoe's employee and it sucks, I admit, and I'm considering quitting at the end of the summer because i've been there 2 years and I can't take it anymore!
This woman comes through today and she asked me for a large medium double triple. So iwas like okay so you want a large double cream triple sugar and she was like yes. So i asked her if she had a medium coffee the same and she was like no i want a large medium double cream triple sugar. So i looked over at Mel and she was like who knows so I asked the woman again: what size would you like. She again insisted on a large medium and then started complaining that we didnt listen. So the supervisor was like ma'am, you are asking for 2 different size coffees - would you like a small, medium, large, or extra-large. the woman was all oh! A large, then she drives up!
I mean come on! Clearly it wasn't my fault that she doesn't know how to order!
I had another person do that today too - a guy, he wanted an iced capp supreme and i asked him what flavour he would like he said - an ic-ed ca-pp- suu-preme and i was like yes what flavour would you like - it took him 3 tries before he realized what an idiot he was being!
Oh how i hate stupid people!
I totally agree with the comedian, Bill Engvall - stupid people should have to wear signs. Sorry for the rant guys - long day at work - I started at 5:30.

I hope someone else has something to complain about too!;)

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just to be helpful, Breeya, things like this should be posted in the Office Party forum rather than the Newbie forum.

Don't worry about it. You're new here and it takes a little while to figure out where to post things. I'll get a moderator to move it.

;-)

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks - I don't even know how to find different forums yet lol
Just click Absolute Write Water Cooler up there in the top left. Then page down to see all the forums. Click on the name of whatever forum you want to view. Then you can click on individual post. By clicking the little arrow thingy under Latest Post, you can go to the last post made in that thread.

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Breeya, as a manager at a movie theatre, I can totally sympathize. :Hug2:

I keep sane (well, as sane as I'll ever be) by remembering that there are smart, kind people in the world, too.

(In the stupid department, though, we had a woman come in a couple of weeks ago. She'd just bought a white purse that she says was worth sixty bucks, and she put it on the floor of the theatre, underneath her seat. C'mon, lady! We're a discount theatre, and we don't have stadium seating, which means that any pop spilled behind her is going to flow straight down. And of course, it had to be Coke...)

But the really good ones are the ones who call on holidays, and when we answer, ask, "Are you open?"

"No. I'm just spending my holiday Monday here because I love answering stupid questions."

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
I know this is going to sound stupid, so I'd fit right in as a customer, but what the heck is a "Timmy Hoe's?" Do they sell gardening tools there?

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I know this is going to sound stupid, so I'd fit right in as a customer, but what the heck is a "Timmy Hoe's?" Do they sell gardening tools there?
It's a house of ill repute in Las Vegas.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If Don's Ho's daughter married Timmy Hoe . . . she would be Mrs. Ho Hoe.

Okay, okay, I'll go away.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
Looks like no one's going to enlighten me about the business dealings of this Timmy Hoe fellow, so I'm off to the library to do a little research.

choppersmom

---
Registered
Reaction score
Aha! Tim Horton's. I've seen them in different places I've been.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Looks like no one's going to enlighten me about the business dealings of this Timmy Hoe fellow, so I'm off to the library to do a little research.
Apparently it's a coffee and doughnut shop.

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
I had a guy bring back a wireless alarm system the other day, It has a central control hub, then all the little boxes that you put round teh house run on batteries. The man brought it back because the control centre, needing more power than a few batteries, needed to be plugged into the mains.

Which means it's not wireless he says. I tried to explain that the 'wireless' part was the communication, and there was no way to wirelessly input electricty, but he wouldn't have it. Not wireless, I want a refund. He made quite a scene.

What did he think it ran on? Hamsters running on a wheel?

Apparantly he's never shopping with us again. And frankly he won't be missed.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I had a guy bring back a wireless alarm system the other day, It has a central control hub, then all the little boxes that you put round teh house run on batteries. The man brought it back because the control centre, needing more power than a few batteries, needed to be plugged into the mains.

Which means it's not wireless he says. I tried to explain that the 'wireless' part was the communication, and there was no way to wirelessly input electricty, but he wouldn't have it. Not wireless, I want a refund. He made quite a scene.

What did he think it ran on? Hamsters running on a wheel?

Apparantly he's never shopping with us again. And frankly he won't be missed.
Well, it probably had wires in it somewhere too. False advertising!

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
Aha! Tim Horton's. I've seen them in different places I've been.

Apparently it's a coffee and doughnut shop.
Isn't that the place that fired an employee recently for giving away a fifteen cent doughnut scrap to a crying infant without charging the mother?

Maybe I'm thinking of another franchise...

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Yes... it fired an employee for giving away a timbit (a doughnut hole)... but they rehired her and she went to a different store.

And, yes, people are very stupid. All the time. It's a disease.

Mandy-Jane

venturing ever further into the unknown
Registered
Reaction score
I will complete a play this year! I will!
Back to the OP, I agree how annoying this sort of thing can be, but.......(there's always a but, isn't there?)

I'm not a regular customer of places like McDonalds, Hungry Jacks, KFC, etc. and I do get more than a little annoyed when you go into these places and the person behind the counter acts as though you're an idiot because you don't know the menu off by heart.

So often, I go into these places, and look at the menu.

"Can I help you?" they ask.

"Sorry, still deciding."

Then you might say something like "can I get the nuggets with the burger instead of the fries?" and they respond with "yes, that's a super combo meal" and a look that says "you are so ignorant."

I mean, sorry, but I don't eat here that often. Be a little patient with me.

Last edited:

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
Yes... it fired an employee for giving away a timbit (a doughnut hole)... but they rehired her and she went to a different store...
I read a piece this morning, in a Florida paper no less, that one of the stores refused to allow a homeless person to eat in the establishment after her meal was purchased by a regular customer. It appears the woman had caused problems in the place before, but it still doesn't bode well for the company's image.

Kalyke

Registered
Reaction score
When is "may I help you" synonymous with "Can I treat you like an idiot." I think a lot of people who work at places like that really do forget that a lot of people don't. I have come across jerks at the counter. When they start getting sniffy, I generally cancel the order and walk out, often leaving them with a choice expletive to mull over in the unemployment line later on. But then, I lack class.

Breeya Shay

Registered
Reaction score
Haha, I'm guessing I'm the only Canadian in this thread. lol
It is Tim Horton's - its a coffee/donoughnut shop and we sell soups, sandwiches, breakfast sandwiches, and hashbrowns - fairly simple huge in Canada - i guess you can say it would be like your Dunkin' Donuts - tho in my opinion better (i dont drink coffee tho so i dont know in that sense if one is better i like just like to say Timmies is better because it was started by the hockey player Tim Horton) Horton played for the leafs, the rangers, the penguins, and the sabres and then he opened this chain - we have them everywhere. Like when i used to go on road trips when i was little if we went across the border we counted how many waffle houses u passed - in Canada its the timmies lol.
Anyway, I know that not everyone is stupid but lately i swear the stupid people have far outnumbered the kind ones.
I don't have a problem waiting for people to decide what they want but personally I think its rude to come through drive thru, stop at the speaker box and when i ask if i can help you to tell me to hold on a minute while u talk on your cell phone - there is ALWAYS a line up and drive thru is meant to be fast and if u dont know what u want why wouldnt u go inside, take some time to think. i dont know - sometimes my patience level is zero - i work too often now lol.
One my friends works in a theatre too and she had someone ask her what a toonie was and she tried to explain that it was money and worth 2 dollars. I was kind of ashamed, the woman was from Detroit, i would hope someone so close by would know more about Canada.

Anyway, i'll stop ranting - tho plz, anyone else with job ranting stories plz continue:D

Breeya Shay

Registered
Reaction score
also just forgot to say - for some reason, employees call themselves Timmie Hoe's - dont understand why lol