Radio on internet - XM radio

DWSTXS

Mr Mojo Risin...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
I have been unable to get XM radio to play on my laptop.
This came about suddenly, and I have tried repeatedly to get it to play again, as it did for months, but it just says 'ready' and will not play.

My cookies are set. That doesn't seem to be the problem.

If I can't get it to work properly, I will cancel my account with XM and try something else.

anyone have any suggestions in lieu of XM radio?

Devil Ledbetter

Come on you stranger, you legend,
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have two suggestions:

1. Try XM Radio Canada. Last time I checked, they were commercial free- though I admit I've not listened for a while. I hated the USA XM's idiotic commercials. Also, XM worked in Mozilla Firefox for me for a while, then quit. So I tried it in Internet Explorer and it worked. It's the only reason I even have IE on my computer anymore.

2. XM has an all Pearl Jam station. If you tune it in via XM Canada, you can listen to PJ all day commercial free. I'm waiting for the XM My Morning Jacket station. Still waiting.

DWSTXS

Mr Mojo Risin...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
I have two suggestions:

1. Try XM Radio Canada. Last time I checked, they were commercial free- though I admit I've not listened for a while. I hated the USA XM's idiotic commercials. Also, XM worked in Mozilla Firefox for me for a while, then quit. So I tried it in Internet Explorer and it worked. It's the only reason I even have IE on my computer anymore.

2. XM has an all Pearl Jam station. If you tune it in via XM Canada, you can listen to PJ all day commercial free. I'm waiting for the XM My Morning Jacket station. Still waiting.

well, it's not the commercials that bother me. It just completely stopped playing on my laptop.
I checked and made sure it was allowing cookies and the security settings were low enough. Still nothing.

Since I first posted this thread, I went and signed up for a free trial of Sirius. Same thing though, it comes up and says ready, but will not play.

What pisses me off is that I listened to XM radio for several months. Then, it just stopped working.

I am currently listening to KRTH FM 101 out of L.A. and it plays fine. Now, I guess I'm going to have to argue with XM radio about canvelling my account and getting my sign up fee refunded.
:(

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
If you're listening to radio on your computer, why even use XM and pay for it?

Try this place out: http://radioio.com/

It has an excellent selection of free stations to cater to every taste and subgenre.

Devil Ledbetter

Come on you stranger, you legend,
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

It has an excellent selection of free stations to cater to every taste and subgenre.
AOL's XM Radio was free. I don't even have a paid AOL account. I just realized it was AOL Radio Canada. I think they affiliated with XM for a while, but I don't see it there now.

DWSTXS

Mr Mojo Risin...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com

well, I liked the channels that allowed me to listen to a certain genre of music, and no commercials.

But now, the hassle has become too much.

The K-earth 101 station out of L.A. seems pretty good.

choppersmom

---
Registered
Reaction score
I have Sirius, and I know that it won't let me listen on the computer unless I use Internet Explorer to open the player. Which I do, then go back to Firefox for everything else I want to do.

Try asking them if there's anything they can do to help you figure out what is going wrong. It could just be an incorrect setting. Maybe you need to restart the laptop? Mine has been feeling froggy all day, and I had to restart it to make it behave. Happens from time to time. Maybe that will help yours?

DWSTXS

Mr Mojo Risin...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
I have Sirius, and I know that it won't let me listen on the computer unless I use Internet Explorer to open the player. Which I do, then go back to Firefox for everything else I want to do.

Try asking them if there's anything they can do to help you figure out what is going wrong. It could just be an incorrect setting. Maybe you need to restart the laptop? Mine has been feeling froggy all day, and I had to restart it to make it behave. Happens from time to time. Maybe that will help yours?

Thanks. I tried restarting. No luck.

choppersmom

---
Registered
Reaction score
Darnit. I was hoping. :)

Maybe their site is having trouble. Have you called them? Maybe they can help. Maybe it's something your computer is not doing, and they can tell you what it is.