"Animal friendly" Agents?

oneidii

Copyediting Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenkblom.com
Hello, I wonder if there are particular agents (whether in the US or Britain) that have horse-related authors, either young adult or adult. Anybody know? I figure there must be SOME, perhaps Walter Farley had an agent that he just never mentioned, but...I sure would like to know.
Does anyone have any information on this? You would be permanently the most favorite person on my list...Thanks!
Oneidii

Rose

Escribo, entonces existo.
Registered
Reaction score
I wish I could help, but I'm way out of my league on this one! Hopefully someone will be along soon to steer you in the right direction...

oneidii

Copyediting Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenkblom.com
james herriott?

Chacounne, what an excellent idea. Any knowledge who his agent is? I am going to the web in the hopes he has a website now.

Chacounne

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Oneidii,

Well, his paperback publisher was Pan Books in 1973. I don't know if they still publish his books or not, but I would try them, if you haven't already found it on the net. They were located in London, but I don't know if they still are; PM me if you want the exact address.

Good luck with this. Let me know how it works out.
Chacounne

PS. Just checked and found this:
In 1987, Collins and Heinemann sold their interests and Pan became a wholly owned subsidiary of Macmillan.

Back to me: I found the Pan MacMillan web site and they are in London, so it should be easy to find out from them, if they are still his publishers, or they should know who represented him when they were his publishers. Hope this helps.C.

Last edited: