How do you find out about what's new out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimflint1

Registered
Reaction score
Is there a list somewhere of new scifi and fantasy being published? We hear all the time that we as writers should be reading the kinds of things that are currently being published, but other than going to Barnes and Noble and scanning their new arrivals shelves, how do we find out about the new books?

Kate Nepveu

Vacuumer of Cats
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.steelypips.org
jimflint1 said:
Is there a list somewhere of new scifi and fantasy being published? We hear all the time that we as writers should be reading the kinds of things that are currently being published, but other than going to Barnes and Noble and scanning their new arrivals shelves, how do we find out about the new books?
Nothing wrong with scanning new arrival shelves. For an online list, try Locus Online's Monitor, http://www.locusmag.com/2005/Monitor/2005MonitorArchive.html ; also consider subscribing to Locus the print magazine.

Deleted member 42

Locus magazine is the "Publisher's Weekly" of SF and Fantasy. The Locus web site doesn't duplicate the printed monthly, but it's useful.

The SF Chronicle also carries forthcoming books infomation.

Both list forthcoming books, newly signed contracts for books, etc. Both have interviews and book reviews.

Hummingbird

Pen, Paper, Prepared. ...Write!
Registered
Reaction score
I get a monthly email newsletter from Borders. Every month they also send one talking about new authors. It's pretty fun. This month they have at least 10 fiction writers they're spotlighting.

EDIT: Okay, the website is BordersStores.com. Then you click the link in the upper right corner that says Borders Mail. If you want the newsletter about new authors, sign up for the Original Voices letter. Hope this helps! :)

Last edited:

katiebug57

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, Kate--

I tried to use your locus link (first w/Google, then Yahoo), and didn't have any luck pulling anything up. Could you please check the URL you listed and make sure it is correct? Or, perhaps I'm doing something wrong...VERY possible!

Thanks, Katiebug

Status
Not open for further replies.