PDA

View Full Version : Research Topic Ideas

xiph
05-23-2008, 07:09 AM
I've been wanting to learn more about subjects I know absolutely nothing about. I really don't want to do any more reading on abortion/cloning/euthanasia/immigration/etc. - I'm thinking something along the line of "origin of high heels" or "strip search procedure."

Ideas?

Seaclusion
05-23-2008, 07:14 AM
I assume these are for college credits. I took Advanced hot tub soaking and underwater basket weaving to round out my schedule.

Richard

xiph
05-23-2008, 07:19 AM
I assume these are for college credits.

No. I just have no idea what to do with my spare time now that my actual research papers are done.

Seaclusion
05-23-2008, 07:24 AM
Spare time? What's that? Is this something I should have? Do people actually have this? I've got to get me some and try it out.

Richard

Mumut
05-23-2008, 07:57 AM
Again, spare time? I wish. Now I'm retired I've never been so busy in all my life.

My last research topic was into making black powder. I wanted to see if I could make it with the sort of ingredients available in 1347. My wife won't allow it, though. I'm quite accident-prone and she says we can't afford a new house if I blow this one up. So I'm trying to make an effective battery out of copper in sea water - hoping to create bleach.

But they're the sort of things everyone tries to do, so I can't suggest anything out of the ordinary, sorry.