Babies! Babies! Babies!

choppersmom

---
Registered
Reaction score
OK. So two of my Roborovski hamsters, Nutley and Walnetto Von Dumpling, have had a litter of pups. I don't know how many, and I don't know the sexes. I don't want to disturb the little mommy to check on them, because hamsters have been known to do gruesome things to their pups if they're stressed. But here's the thing. I'm going to be running a Name The Babies contest once I know how many there are and what they are, and also the little'uns will be for sale once they're weaned, so if anyone is interested they can contact me. Look for the contest soon!

Seaclusion

Absolute Parsley
Registered
Reaction score
Doc, Grumpy, Bashful, Dopey, Happy, Sleepy, Sleazy.

Richard

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Doe, Ray, Mi, Fa, So, La, Ti, and Octavia.

(p.s. do sex them when they're old enough -- may be like four weeks old, before they're sexually mature. Otherwise, you'll have a huge problem. I'm speaking from experience! Oy! And yes, don't disturb them. Mommy will eat them if she feels endangered)

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations, Trish. How about names like Ozzie & Harriet, Ben & Jerry, Little Debbie, Mrs. Fields, Haag & Daz, etc. :)

choppersmom

---
Registered
Reaction score
*Wipes tears-Haag & Dazs! Priceless!*

Great ideas, everyone! I like Octavia, Ray. And yeah, we'll be sorting them out ASAP. We don't want to go THERE!

Mumut

Well begun is half done...
Registered
Reaction score
I believe hamsters taste quite nice, in a guinea-piggish sort of way. Unfortunately my family doesn't want to save money on the food bills by going into hamsterbergers and things like that. A Peruvian friend at work laughs at our squeemishness.

MsK

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations, Trish. How about names like Ozzie & Harriet, Ben & Jerry, Little Debbie, Mrs. Fields, Haag & Daz, etc. :)

Everyone's come up with some clever ones, but Susies are just great. I think she can give her chocolate habit some of that credit. ;)

choppersmom

---
Registered
Reaction score
I believe hamsters taste quite nice, in a guinea-piggish sort of way. Unfortunately my family doesn't want to save money on the food bills by going into hamsterbergers and things like that. A Peruvian friend at work laughs at our squeemishness.

Um, thanks for this. Kind of a stupid thing to say to an animal lover such as myself, just to make yourself feel funny, but hey, whatever blows your skirt up.

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
My suggestions:

Fish, Chicken, Dog, TV, Honda, Carpet and Rose.

We had two girl hamsters whom we gave to friends (with hamsters) to look after when we went on holiday. When we got them back both were pregnant. And after that we were in constant supply of hamsters. We had all varieties of incest going on; at one point we had 32 hamsters!

Monkey

Is me.
Registered
Reaction score
I'd probably give them cutesy names that had to do with thier small, fuzzy nature.

Things like Dander and Fluff or Itsy and Bitsy. Color could come into it too, producing names like "Cotton" for a white one or "Dust" for a dusty-colored one.

If they show early preferences, that could also be a jumping-off point for names...like "Sunflower" for one who liked sunflower seeds or "Squeeks" for a noisy one.

Then, just for fun, I'd name the tiniest one Atlas. :)

choppersmom

---
Registered
Reaction score
I'd probably give them cutesy names that had to do with thier small, fuzzy nature.

Things like Dander and Fluff or Itsy and Bitsy. Color could come into it too, producing names like "Cotton" for a white one or "Dust" for a dusty-colored one.

If they show early preferences, that could also be a jumping-off point for names...like "Sunflower" for one who liked sunflower seeds or "Squeeks" for a noisy one.

Then, just for fun, I'd name the tiniest one Atlas. :)

:roll:

Great minds think alike, Monkey - I have a blueberry dwarf hamster named Godzilla!