PDA

View Full Version : 10 things Before You Die

soleary
05-23-2008, 04:41 AM
This thread may have happened before. If so, mea culpa! If not, let's go!

Years ago, I made a list of 10 things I want to do before I meet my timely or untimely demise. One was to run a marathon, and after 14 I think it's time to take it off the list. Another is to publish a book, and I am trying! Another is to teach a semester of college. And so it goes ...

What's on your list? I'd love to hear about it, from pole dancing to politics. Let's let it fly!

dahmnait
05-23-2008, 05:39 AM
I haven't revised my list lately, and some of the items have changed but I would still like to jump out of a plane before I die, preferably not on the day I die though.

choppersmom
05-23-2008, 06:15 AM
Getting published is up there, but saying that on this particular forum is kind of extraneous. I want to travel to England and to Alaska. I want to see my boys be happy with their lives. I want to buy my (as-yet-nonexistent) grandbabies their own ponies. I want to touch an elephant. I want to tell my boss to shove his price changes up his fat...well, maybe I won't do that one.

Mandy-Jane
05-23-2008, 06:32 AM
I got seven.

1. Write a great play and have it performed in a theatre with a paying audience.

2. Study history.

3. Climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge.

4. Learn to eat with chopsticks.

5. Get a tattoo.

6. Do a transatlantic crossing from Southampton to New York (just like the Titanic - well, hopefully not just like the Titanic.)

7. Write some poetry and show it to someone.