PDA

View Full Version : Please pray for my niece. She is going to have surgery soon.

BrynnaC
05-23-2008, 12:08 AM
All, please pray for my niece Kristen. She has found out she has genetic defect with the cartilage in her legs. She must have donar cartilage surgically implanted in her knees, ankles. She will be in a hip to toe brace for a month. Then she must endure months more of therapy. She is only fourteen. I'm a christian, but I don't care what religion you subscribe too, or if you are religious at all. Please think of her and ask that she be healed.
This will effect the rest of her life, and she may not be able to walk by the time she's 21. She's terrified. This is a very painful and scarring procedure. Thank you, everyone, in advance.

MsK
05-23-2008, 12:17 AM
Brynna, How frightening for your niece. Yes I have prayed for her. And I will hold warm posiitive thoughts that her surgery is a success and she feels a sense of inner peace in these days ahead.

BrynnaC
05-23-2008, 12:23 AM
Brynna, How frightening for your niece. Yes I have prayed for her. And I will hold warm posiitive thoughts that her surgery is a success and she feels a sense of inner peace in these days ahead.
Thank you so much, I'm going to email her the link to this thread. She'll be able to read all your warm thoughts here. Surgery is set for June 11th.
She's been in the band since she was little. She'll lose that now, but not her love for playing flute.

jannawrites
05-23-2008, 12:35 AM
Prayers that your niece will get through this with the love and support of those around her, knowing that God's will is great. He has a purpose for this in her life; may she be able to look ahead, even not knowing what His purpose is, to a place of comfort, health and happiness.

BrynnaC
05-23-2008, 12:38 AM
Prayers that your niece will get through this with the love and support of those around her, knowing that God's will is great. He has a purpose for this in her life; may she be able to look ahead, even not knowing what His purpose is, to a place of comfort, health and happiness.
Thank you so much, God's blessings.

Yeshanu
05-23-2008, 12:41 AM
Hugs and prayers for your niece, Brynna.

BrynnaC
05-23-2008, 12:49 AM
Hugs and prayers for your niece, Brynna.
Thank you.

Cranky
05-23-2008, 04:46 AM
My prayers for Kristen. :Hug2:

dahmnait
05-23-2008, 05:50 AM
My thoughts and prayers go out to your niece.

Soccer Mom
05-23-2008, 05:52 AM
More prayers for Kristen. Keep us updated to her progress.

choppersmom
05-23-2008, 05:55 AM
Thoughts and prayers from me as well, and this advice: Darlin', do NOT put down that flute! Keep playing, as often as you can. Every single day, play your favorite sonata or whatever. Even if you can't play with the rest of your band, music will keep you sane. It will make you forget the pain and the fear. It will heal your soul, and that will help heal your body.

William Haskins
05-23-2008, 06:06 AM
All, please pray for my niece Kristen. She has found out she has genetic defect with the cartilage in her legs. She must have donar cartilage surgically implanted in her knees, ankles. She will be in a hip to toe brace for a month. Then she must endure months more of therapy. She is only fourteen. I'm a christian, but I don't care what religion you subscribe too, or if you are religious at all. Please think of her and ask that she be healed.
This will effect the rest of her life, and she may not be able to walk by the time she's 21. She's terrified. This is a very painful and scarring procedure. Thank you, everyone, in advance.

she'll be in my thoughts.

best wishes to her on a successful operation.

Mandy-Jane
05-23-2008, 06:35 AM
Thinking about her too. Hope she feels better soon.

Fenika
05-23-2008, 06:41 AM
Best wishes for her through her surgery and recovery. Make sure she has plenty to keep her occupied- books, games, music.

Susie
05-23-2008, 06:45 AM
Praying so much for Kristen and you and your family. So hope things will work out well. :Hug2:

BrynnaC
05-23-2008, 05:31 PM
Thanks so much you guys!

Southern_girl29
05-23-2008, 06:54 PM
Prayers for Kristen. I hope she feels better soon.

JoeEkaitis
05-23-2008, 07:17 PM
But of course.

NeuroFizz
05-23-2008, 07:43 PM
My thoughts are with you and your niece.

Vincent
05-24-2008, 05:54 AM
I hope all goes well, Brynna.

Pat~
05-24-2008, 06:25 AM
Brynna, she'll be in my prayers. That's such a rough ride for a young gal. My 15-yr. old daughter has arthritis in her knees and ankles; just had surgery to remove some of her meniscus--I'll think of Kristen and remember to pray as I take my own daughter to physical therapy!

BrynnaC
05-27-2008, 05:43 PM
Brynna, she'll be in my prayers. That's such a rough ride for a young gal. My 15-yr. old daughter has arthritis in her knees and ankles; just had surgery to remove some of her meniscus--I'll think of Kristen and remember to pray as I take my own daughter to physical therapy!
On behalf of my niece thanks so much.

BrynnaC
06-12-2008, 12:27 AM
Kristen is out of surgery. She got to go home this afternoon. She's doped up and in alot of pain, but has high spirits. Thank you again for thinking of her, AW readers and posters.

MsK
06-12-2008, 12:44 AM
Yeah Kristen. Keep those high spirits girl.