Tricky mic/earbud things that disappear in your ears

Madison

summertime...
Registered
Reaction score
...and make you look like you're crazy because no one can see who you're talking to. What are these called/do they exist? I was thinking bluetooth, but those have blinking blue lights and they're really big and everyone can see them.

what about a bluetooth-device that disappears in your ear (and you can talk into it, too)?

madison, who feels incoherent because she can't really explain what she means.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Headsets?

Some Bluetooth models are fairly small.

hammerklavier

It was a dark and stormy night
Registered
Reaction score
I read that scientists are working a cell phone in a tooth. You would hear it through the vibrations in your jawbone which would lead to your ear.

Rabe

the living dead
Registered
Reaction score
...and make you look like you're crazy because no one can see who you're talking to. What are these called/do they exist? I was thinking bluetooth, but those have blinking blue lights and they're really big and everyone can see them.

what about a bluetooth-device that disappears in your ear (and you can talk into it, too)?

madison, who feels incoherent because she can't really explain what she means.

They're usually just referred to as an 'ear mic' or an 'earpiece' in my line of work.

However, there are many out there that are doing just what you are suggesting (even a new set of 'headphones' that clip onto the ear but don't go in - they use bone induction technology to relay the sound).

There are a few, I believe, on the market that do what you want to do, but I'm not sure of one yet that's completely wireless. Doesn't mean it doesn't happen, of course. With what technology is widely available on the market these days, I wouldn't be surprised that what you wanted isn't actually already available in a limited basis.

Rabe...