Paranoia!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talkatoast

Registered
Reaction score
:flag:

Well, yesterday I filled out an application for the newspaper because if I get accepted to write for the staff, I believe it would be a great credential on a query letter. The section of the newspaper is a section devoted to adolescents, of course. In any case, I'm always paranoid when it comes to technology and the mailing system. I filled out an application on their site, clicked the send button, and it said 'thank you' for submitting an application. But I just want my paranoid fears to be quelled. I'm just afraid it got lost or it'll get lost. I mean, someone suggested I send in another application just in case, but that seems amateurish, in my opinion.

gettingby

Registered
Reaction score
It went through. Don't worry about that. Good luck.

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
Have faith. It got through okay. Sending another one would definitely seem amateurish.

Best of luck! I hope you get it.

inkkognito

Onlyifyouwanttowillyoufin daway-Enya
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbnefer.com
Chances are excellent that it went through just fine. Just follow up if you don't hear anything in a reasonable period of time.

I can understand your discomfort with forms. Animal Wellness Magazine actually has a form that you use to submit articles! They tend to take a long time to respond, too, so I was firmly convinced that my submission had gone into internet never-neverland. I followed up and they had indeed received it...it's actually out right now in this month's issue. When I worry about forms, I just remind myself of that experience and that all is probably well.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I submit all the time to magazines over the internet. Even print mags have more and more gone to website submissions. Mine have almost always gone through.

If it said "thanks for you submission", it went through.

Good luck!

mario_c

Your thoughts are not real...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
I usually wait at least 2 days to do the followup call on a resume - for a submission, it's more like 3-6 weeks (I write scripts). If you're submitting for a newspaper, I would assume it's closer to the resume timeframe.

Newspapers have lost their cachet in recent years, but it is indeed still, a great (tough) job for a writer. Or anyone interested in helping their community. I wonder how I could get a job like that?

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
Follow up in a week with a phone call.

Status
Not open for further replies.