To Add All Eggs in One Basket?

bestseller

Registered
Reaction score
In Oct 2003 I contacted an agent for rep. and was turned down because I wasn't an est. author. In Jan. 04 they contacted me and asked if they could promote my published book, but that didn't work out because of my contract with my publisher. In the meantime received request from 2 Publishers; A wanting to see the completed romance novel, B wanted me to lengthen an action-adventure manuscript within 6 months. With 2 new prospects, I contacted the agent again and was gladly signed on in June of 04. Nothing, however came about with those 2 publishers because agent submitted the manuscripts to bigger pub. houses. When I asked for copies of correspondence ltrs, I was told most contact is done by phone but was given list of publishers that were looking at one of the manuscripts. My 3 questions are: 1) Am I being to impatient? 2) I have other works can I submit to another agent so as not to have all my eggs in one basket? 3) Is it OK to have two agents as my contract states they only represent those works given to them (they have about ten of my work).

Last edited: