Who's Messin' with my Head?

JJ Cooper

Registered
Reaction score
I know it's someone here. Who?

Last night (my time) I blogged about my book deal. At the end of the blog post I wrote something a little 'tongue-in-cheek'. Here is the part I'm talking about.

The next challenge is getting Lee Child to read Interrogated and to write a blurb that we can stick on the cover. Anyone have Lee's number?

And this is the first comment posted under that post.

Lee Child said... JJ, congratulations. E-mail me any time through LeeChild.com.
20 May 2008 09:37
Now, I know that Mr Child isn't just sitting around waiting for me to blog. And I find it unlikely he would just happen to land on my blog just after I posted that. I know I'm with the same publisher and all (that's why I wrote that), and he is without doubt my favourite author; but come on.

I have a feeling the culprit has come from this site. I'll be watching. I'll catch you out soon enough.

JJ

ETA - Confirmed in post #15 - It was Lee Child.

Last edited:

JJ Cooper

Registered
Reaction score
I admit that would be very cool regarding both ideas. And I would like to believe both - trust me I would. It's just.....you know.

JJ

JJ Cooper

Registered
Reaction score
I figure it's not real. But now realise it gives me a good reason for dropping him a line anyway.

So, I just sent an email to his site explaining the situation. Never know - his team might just check out my blog. And...

JJ

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Okay. I admit it. Last night, after a bottle of Chianti, I briefly channelled Lee Child. My deepest apologies.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Maryn: I'm Lee Child.

maestrowork: I'm Lee Child.

(Stirring among the crowd. Most stand up.)

Susie: No, I'm Lee Child!

Bartholomew: I'm Lee Child!

Erinmiller77: I'm Lee Child!

Maryn, who remembers almost nothing else about Spartacus

JJ Cooper

Registered
Reaction score
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow.

It was Lee.

I emailed his site explaining the situation (that I thought it was a joke) and just received a reply from his web advisor.

'Yes, it was Lee. He'll be in touch soon'.

This year - landed a great agent - landed a two-book deal with Random House - and now Lee Child has shown interest in my work. Not bad for a new author. My fingers are shaking as I type. Ironic because I have been reading his books for a second time. Currently reading The visitor. Spooky. I'm gonna buy a lottery ticket tomorrow.

JJ

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow.

It was Lee.

I emailed his site explaining the situation (that I thought it was a joke) and just received a reply from his web advisor.

This year - landed a great agent - landed a two-book deal with Random House - and now Lee Child has shown interest in my work. Not bad for a new author. My fingers are shaking as I type. Ironic because I have been reading his books for a second time. Currently reading The visitor. Spooky. I'm gonna buy a lottery ticket tomorrow.

JJ

That's amazing. Congratulations again! Very cool.

Kevin, now hoping to get a blog comment from Michael Chabon. (-;

JJ Cooper

Registered
Reaction score
I'm trying to keep cool. Thankfully, my wife keeps me grounded. When I mentioned to her about Lee Child commenting on my blog she said, "Who's that? And, what the hell is a blog?"

JJ

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I'm trying to keep cool. Thankfully, my wife keeps me grounded. When I mentioned to her about Lee Child commenting on my blog she said, "Who's that? And, what the hell is a blog?"

JJ

lol! When I told my wife about my novel going to a major publishing house for consideration, she said something like, "That's awesome. Can you put this garbage in the garage. Oh, and there's a poop to scoop in the backyard." They keep us grounded, don't they... those non-writing spouses.

JJ Cooper

Registered
Reaction score
Gotta love them.

When my wife first mentioned to a girlfriend of hers about my deal, the girlfriend just about screamed (knows a bit about the business). My wife gave me a look like we were having an affair.

JJ

sheadakota

part of the human equation
Registered
Reaction score

It was Lee.

JJ
OMG!!!! That is freaking fabulous!!!!!

lakotagirl

Forgot what I was gonna say
Registered
Reaction score

It was Lee.

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you.

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
as someone said on your other thread, JJ:
it's very inspirational to hear good tidings like this.
Thanks for sharing :)

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
Wow.

It's all I can think of to say...so I'll say it again.

Wow.

This deserves one more...

Wow.

Did I mention?

Wow!

:D