Not open for further replies.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I don't want to get into this, but I want to ask all who will listen to PLEASE WEAR YOUR SEAT BELT. Whether you are going down the street or across the continent. It just takes a second to snap in. PLEASE WEAR IT.

That's all I'm saying. Don't make this thread an argument/debate. Just take the advice, snap your seatbelt in place from now on. People love you.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
And teach your kids to do the same before they start driving, and make sure their friends are buckled in also.

Amen, Kevin.

sheadakota

part of the human equation
Registered
Reaction score
No argument here- I have worked as a trama nurse for 23 years and have seen more people die needlessly because they simply were not wearing a seat belt- I'm not trying to start a debate either- just saying...

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Every time, every trip, every person. ETA: Don't jump on me, we don't have pets. :D

sheadakota

part of the human equation
Registered
Reaction score
trust me, yes there are. 90% of my reports start off with "Unrestrained driver..."

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
I read an article recently that over 70% of teen auto fatalities in Florida during recent years were directly related to failure to use seat belts. That accounts for thousands of deaths. Thousands, in just one state.

It's no surprise that automobile accidents are the leading cause of death among teenagers in Florida.

It's also no surprise that obtaining a driver's license at sixteen is often a recipe for disaster.

choppersmom

---
Registered
Reaction score
I used to hate wearing it, but now I always do. I knew a guy who wasn't once, and he hit a pole while going only 5 miles an hour in a parking lot. He hit his head on the wheel, and had permanent memory loss and speech problems. Mild, but totally avoidable. Click it, people!!

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
I hated wearing it many years back, now I feel funny not wearing it. Mr. Susie wears it too.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Even at the dinner table.

Shweta

Sick and absent
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shwetanarayan.org
I've been in at least three accidents that would probably have been fatal if not for the seat belts. Nobody died in any of them, cause we were buckled in.

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
For sure, Kev, always, and around here it's Click it or Tick et.

Smiling Ted

Ah-HA!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm having a spare made so I can click it anywhere I sit down.
Movie theater.
Diner.
On the beach with my hunney.

Just sayin'.

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My ex got me into the habit. I used to be bad, I admit. Now I feel weird in the car without it...

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've been in at least three accidents that would probably have been fatal if not for the seat belts. Nobody died in any of them, cause we were buckled in.

Yup. I've told the story here before and I'll tell it again. I was about three miles from home and was involved in a collision with a paver truck. My eldest was a toddler.

How bad was the wreck? Completely totalled the car. My coffee mug and other untethered items went through the windshield. My son and I hit our seatbelts hard enough that we had cut marks where the straps were and bruises after. But we both walked away.

A seatbelt and a properly installed childseat kept a bad day from being the worst day of my life.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
This thread reminds me of when my dad taught me how to drive. One of the first things he said was, "It'll take you at least five years to learn how to drive really well. You'll learn the basics real quick, by the time we're finished today. But the rest of it, like staying alive and avoiding accidents, you'll have to master on your own. It takes years."

He was right. Even something as simple as hesitating before powering through an intersection when the light turns green has helped me to avoid certain death when another driver runs a red light.

Man, I miss my dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.