Status
Not open for further replies.

inkkognito

Onlyifyouwanttowillyoufin daway-Enya
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbnefer.com
I am very meticulous about saving my magazine clips, but there is one I missed and it still bothers me to this day. I did an article for Llamas Magazine back in the late 1980s, and although they paid me they never sent contributors' copies. I never managed to get my hands on that issue, so I never got to see the piece in print. I'm not even sure of the exact month and year it appeared anymore since my records from that period are long gone.

I also missed some of the articles from when I was a news stringer, but that doesn't bother me because those were boring articles anyway (how do you make a village board meeting exciting?). But for some reason, missing a magzine article really bugs me.

gettingby

Registered
Reaction score
Try using LexisNexis to find it. However, I have to wonder why you want such an old article since you would not be using it as a clip and decades have passed. I used to try to save a hard copy of everything I wrote. I started to look like a pack rat and I think it was a fire hazard. Now, I really keep very few things and I live much better. But do try LexisNexis if this is something you want. Hope this helps.

Mayntz

Registered
Reaction score
If the magazine is still around, they may at least have electronic archives even that far back. You can always ask and see what assistance they may be able to give.

inkkognito

Onlyifyouwanttowillyoufin daway-Enya
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbnefer.com
They apparently ceased publication, but I will try Nexis-Lexis. I'd like to at least see it just for old time's sake. I'll admit that I'm a bit of an obsessive when it comes to my clips and I know why too...the reason makes no sense anymore, but I still indulge the quirk. With my husband's help, I've been moving them to digital copies anyway so they're easy to email to editors. Scanners are wonderful things!

If things get to fire hazard status, I'll probably pitch my newspaper clips. I have waaaaay too many of those and they're nothing I'd really use nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.