My new crush. Iron Man. MMMMM.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

I was mesmerized by his older-manlyness the entire time I watched the movie and it's my husbands fault. He knows how I am.

I can't wait for Iron Man II. I'll be there!

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Oh, so I'm not the only one who's turned on by "seasoned" men, eh? :)

Go check out the Iron Man thread in Movies - you'll find some kindred souls. ;)

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, so I'm not the only one who's turned on by "seasoned" men, eh? :)

Go check out the Iron Man thread in Movies - you'll find some kindred souls. ;)

Oh, yeah!

Seasoned.

Yummy.

My husband was 23 when I got a hold of him. He's now 39 and hot. He can't understand why I've never done "that" to him before now. Crows feet and gray side burns are now growing on me. Okay, not on me. I can't give KevKev any fuel.

Weird.

soleary

Registered
Reaction score
Don't want to ruin it for anyone, but they rarely look that good in person. My biggest let down was Richard Gere, soooooo short.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
He's a good actor and fairly handsome; but damn, that Iron Man flick sucks a big one. You couldn't force me at gun point to watch a sequel, even if you shot out my knee caps first.

Magdalen

Petulantly Penitent
Registered
Reaction score
Thank You, Silver! I was pretty sure that flick was lacking Iron Knees.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
Thank You, Silver! I was pretty sure that flick was lacking Iron Knees.
I'm thinking we're in the minority here, at least according to box office results.

Seriously, I haven't had that much trouble suspending my disbelief in a story since an old girlfriend appeared with numerous love-bites on her body and claimed she was accosted by a pack of hyenas...in the middle of Tampa, Florida.

I wanted to believe her. I really did...

Magdalen

Petulantly Penitent
Registered
Reaction score
I know this will sound snobby but I think it's a rare film that is both popular and worthwhile.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
I know this will sound snobby but I think it's a rare film that is both popular and worthwhile.
Snob!

Just kidding. :D

I have no idea what makes anything popular and worthwhile in our culture. I respond a certain way to stimulus that isn't conducive to Iron Man. That doesn't mean the film won't prove fruitful and entertaining for any number of people.

But I found the movie really, really sucks, to me anyway. The story has the effort doomed from the start, the main character's change of heart entirely forced, his attempts at romance with his gal Friday unconvincing, his turns at creating the body armor so laughably inept that it reminded me of my hyena girlfriend.

And on and on...

Even the ending credits left something to be desired, when the lyrics to Iron Man by Black Sabbath were left out in favor of the instrumental portions.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
But I found the movie really, really sucks, to me anyway. The story has the effort doomed from the start, the main character's change of heart entirely forced, his attempts at romance with his gal Friday unconvincing, his turns at creating the body armor so laughably inept that it reminded me of my hyena girlfriend.

Do you like superhero movies? At all? I'm guessing no. ;)

Actually I'm quite surprised you didn't like it (judging by the thread in Movies and TV, lots of people loved it). Even my parents, who hadn't a clue who Iron Man was, thought it was great.

The fact is, Iron Man's story has always been silly. If you expected anything serious, no wonder you were disappointed!

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
And here's the "seasoned gentleman" I will be oogling THIS weekend...

080423indy.jpg

(Yes, I know he's older than my dad. Shuddup.)