PDA

View Full Version : Review my blog, anyone?

cityofstrangers
05-19-2008, 01:32 PM
Hi all,

Just started a blog a couple of months ago mostly as an attempt to learn a more immediate style of writing and am wondering how it plays out to others, particularly people who don't know me. The general theme is London and New York then and now - ie the changes in both cities I have seen in the last fifteen years due to gentrification and other factors. I have lived in both cities since the early 90's, but I'm also an outsider since I'm Canadian.

Blog adress: http://cityofstrangers.wordpress.com

Any feedback at all would be appreciated.

Thanks

KellyC
05-21-2008, 05:15 PM
I checked it out and it seems easy to navigate and read. Simple design, too, which I like. Lots of white space.

stamperdad
05-21-2008, 05:47 PM
Nice blog. Some minor comments,

- more commentary on your personal impressions to go with the posts that contain links only
- how about some personal pics of places that grab you.

Keep up the good work. I enjoyed reading the posts where your personal take dominated.

Writing on my mind20
06-04-2008, 09:13 AM
I enjoyed your Blog, thought the pictures were excellent. I could see the reason why you chose those shots as it clearly drew my attention. The writing material was great and I enjoyed reading every last sentence of it... Keep up the good work.

Mandy-Jane
06-04-2008, 11:14 AM
I loved it too. Love those photos! One thing - where your tabs are that say Blog, About and Overheard in New York, it actually says Overhead in New York. Forgot about your "r" there!