My son wants to join...

Status
Not open for further replies.

choppersmom

---
Registered
Reaction score
...but I'm not supposed to have more than one user name, right? Can he still join from my IP address? Also, is it OK that he's only 12? He would never be online when I'm not around, since he won't have the password to get on. I'm concerned that someone would think there was monkey business going on. He has tons of great ideas for stories, and a hyperactive imagination, so he wants to learn to write better. I thought it would be nice if he was a member here, but if it's not cool, I'll just find stuff for him to read.

Thanks to anyone who has an answer!

Trish

CalGrave

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure about this forum. But of the hundred forum's I have joined over the years, it's dependent on the email address you use to activate the account not IP address. All he needs is a separate Email. If it wasn't no one in the same house hold could ever join the same forum. I do know it's possible in some forums to ban IP numbers for harsh offenses but that is reserved for drastic measures. I wouldn't mind him because of his age, in fact because you could monitor him you could police his behavior easily.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No problem, Trish. I don't know if he'd be the youngest here or not - if so, not by more than a year or two. Welcome to him!

There is one area where he can't go (the Erotica SYW forum), but it's password-protected. Otherwise, you already know what he's going to see around here, what's allowed, etc.

I hope he enjoys it. Good question; good on you for asking.

Deleted member 42

...but I'm not supposed to have more than one user name, right? Can he still join from my IP address? Also, is it OK that he's only 12? He would never be online when I'm not around, since he won't have the password to get on. I'm concerned that someone would think there was monkey business going on. He has tons of great ideas for stories, and a hyperactive imagination, so he wants to learn to write better. I thought it would be nice if he was a member here, but if it's not cool, I'll just find stuff for him to read.

Thanks to anyone who has an answer!

Trish

He can have his own account; there's question on the Registration process that deals with parental consent for minors, so go ahead and help him create the account, and indicate that he's a minor when you're asked.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Ah, is he going to be wanting popcorn too?

(I need to get my order in.):) I will welcome him to the ranks like the rest.

choppersmom

---
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure about this forum. But of the hundred forum's I have joined over the years, it's dependent on the email address you use to activate the account not IP address. All he needs is a separate Email. If it wasn't no one in the same house hold could ever join the same forum. I do know it's possible in some forums to ban IP numbers for harsh offenses but that is reserved for drastic measures. I wouldn't mind him because of his age, in fact because you could monitor him you could police his behavior easily.

Thanks, good point!

choppersmom

---
Registered
Reaction score
No problem, Trish. I don't know if he'd be the youngest here or not - if so, not by more than a year or two. Welcome to him!

There is one area where he can't go (the Erotica SYW forum), but it's password-protected. Otherwise, you already know what he's going to see around here, what's allowed, etc.

I hope he enjoys it. Good question; good on you for asking.

LOL, no erotica, God help me!!

I asked because I wanted it to be known that I'm not trying to set up a second account for myself, you know, like some troll who wants to make trouble. Lord above, I make enough trouble with just the one account, I couldn't keep up with two!!

choppersmom

---
Registered
Reaction score
He can have his own account; there's question on the Registration process that deals with parental consent for minors, so go ahead and help him create the account, and indicate that he's a minor when you're asked.

Ah yes! That would take care of that now, eh? Thanks!

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
LOL, no erotica, God help me!!

I asked because I wanted it to be known that I'm not trying to set up a second account for myself, you know, like some troll who wants to make trouble. Lord above, I make enough trouble with just the one account, I couldn't keep up with two!!

Ah. I get it. Troll is code for Haggis. That's understandable.

choppersmom

---
Registered
Reaction score
Ah, is he going to be wanting popcorn too?

(I need to get my order in.):) I will welcome him to the ranks like the rest.

He adores popcorn, just like his mom.:) LOTS of butter and salt, please, for both of us! Thanks CW!

choppersmom

---
Registered
Reaction score
And yes, he loves puppies. He'll give you lots of treats until you're too fat and the vet makes him stop.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Fortunately, my pics make me look slim.

I don't suppose I'll get any beer out of him, will I?

choppersmom

---
Registered
Reaction score
Don't make me turn the hose on the two of you.

choppersmom

---
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, all right. Here:

minn8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.