What's your best creative catch-all concoction?

Upbeat

Banned
Reaction score
My house smells sooo good at this moment, I have a feeling that my best - is the one I threw together to day!
We'll call it Sensational Saturday Stew.
Starting with a two pound chunk of venison - gift from a hunting friend, I then chopped onions, celery, garlic and green pepper while the venison (seasoned with salt, black pepper & cayenne) browned.
Actually you could use most any meat, or a mix of meats for this, but I was determined to use what's on hand without a trip to the store.
Next: Tossed chopped veggies into a crock-pot; placed browned venison on top of them; added Italian seasoning, V-8 juice, chicken stock, dash of lemon juice a quarter cup of white wine, and, enough water to just cover the top of the meat.
Cooked it on high for an hour, then reduced heat to low for an all-night simmer.
Some of the stuff I could have added if they'd been in the pantry would be parsley, potatoes, okra, mixed vegetables, diced tomatoes. So the V-8 had to do.
No problem! The stew's fragrance already is fantastic!

Upbeat

Banned
Reaction score
My house smells sooo good at this moment, I have a feeling that my best - is the one I threw together to day!
We'll call it Sensational Saturday Stew.
Starting with a two pound chunk of venison - gift from a hunting friend, I then chopped onions, celery, garlic and green pepper while the venison (seasoned with salt, black pepper & cayenne) browned.
Actually you could use most any meat, or a mix of meats for this, but I was determined to use what's on hand without a trip to the store.
Next: Tossed chopped veggies into a crock-pot; placed browned venison on top of them; added Italian seasoning, V-8 juice, chicken stock, dash of lemon juice a quarter cup of white wine, and, enough water to just cover the top of the meat.
Cooked it on high for an hour, then reduced heat to low for an all-night simmer.
Some of the stuff I could have added if they'd been in the pantry would be parsley, potatoes, okra, mixed vegetables, diced tomatoes. So the V-8 had to do.
No problem! The stew's fragrance already is fantastic!

UPDATE: Turned off crock-pot 8 a.m. Sunday - stew's still fantastic!