What your car says about you... sort of

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My car is white because I'm cheap. Didn't see that as an option, unfortunately.

Mandy-Jane

venturing ever further into the unknown
Registered
Reaction score
I will complete a play this year! I will!
My car is white. Average! I'm always average. However, I do tend to have what I would call pronounced mood swings, rather than modest mood swings, so that's wrong for me.

MsK

Registered
Reaction score
Another average here.

Jo

Travelling the re-write road
Registered
Reaction score
My car is navy blue.

People whose car is: Dark blue
Have confidence that is: 3.2% above average

Hubby's is orange (it's a late-model ex-taxi for the kids to learn to drive in).

People whose car is: Orange
Have confidence that is: 4.1% below average

Well, when it comes to teaching the kids to drive...

WendyNYC

fiddle-dee-dee
Registered
Reaction score
Mine is white, but I've driven emerald green and black cars in the past.

And no, my name is not Sybil.

Kalyke

Registered
Reaction score
Mines black, I'm down beat, but it is also a convertible tracker with tribal tattoos all over it-- so-- er does that make me less downbeat?

Joycecwilliams

Registered
Reaction score
Wow. This little personality match is reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally wrong. Well, for me it is.

My car is dark blue. I am not a self-confident person, I'm only upbeat when it's convenient to be so, and you could go from tree to tree on my mood swings... :e2chain:

How about the rest of you?

My car is dark blue... however I bought a newer one and it's bright blue...

So what does that mean??? :)

EriRae

:P
Registered
Reaction score
My car is black. I mean, seriously, you already knew that, right? My confidence flushed down the toilet years ago.

But it's supercharged, which gives back a ton of confidence, at least when I'm behind the wheel. :D

mario_c

Your thoughts are not real...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
And I guess nobody talks to the peops in the brown cars. Grr I wish I had a black car so I could get well you know.....

GeorgieB

Almost a wannabe writer
Registered
Reaction score
Would you believe pewter? A nice, soft silvery glow...especially when I wash it. But that seldom happens in Aridzona.

What does pewter say about me? Calm, steady, blender-in, and sometimes showered.

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
I drive a MINI VAN.

Does it really matter what color it is? It could be blue, red, or silver and I'd still be a FRUMPY MOM.

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
I don't suppose they take into account that some people don't choose a car for its color. I just got a car - it's white - I got it because it had low miles, good mileage per gallon, and our friend, that works at the dealership, gave us the heads up on it as soon as the car got traded in. Color had nothing to do with the decision to get it.
The time I got a car that was entirely my choice, I was looking at a green one and a black one. The green one had more options on it, but also many more miles. I went with the black 5-speed because it was low miles and I like driving a stick shift. The color had nothing to do with it.
I have also driven blue, yellow and red cars.

Does that mean I have multiple personalities?

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I think the study only works for people's preference of car colors. If you really don't care or you just get whatever color, then this doesn't apply.

What is your color preference?

Mine is in this order: silver, blue, black, red and yellow. I'll always get silver whenever I can. Judging from my top 3 choices, I guess I really am rather stable mood-wise.

choppersmom

---
Registered
Reaction score
When I get my new Scion, it will be Blackberry Crush Metallic.

I'm off the charts.

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
My car's black - I chose it because black is my favorite color. I'm fairly moody, but not really under-confident.

I've also had metallic light blue (clearwater blue - according to Ford), red, dark blue, and maroon (this one I just wanted the car - didn't care what color it was.)

Hmmm.... their survey needs a little adjusting.

choppersmom

---
Registered
Reaction score
My current car is a white 92 Probe that doesn't run right. It stalls in drive unless I'm gunning the gas, so I have to put it in neutral before I come to a stop, and taking off from a standstill it bucks and humps like a $20 hooker. Precisely 17 humps each time. I don't think its color has much to do with anything though.

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'd love to see an analysis of the survey vehicle (pun intended) and the actual statistical methodology used to draw their conclusions. I presume they found a statistical significance for all of their claims. Right?

Meanwhile, I'll just judge people by the cuticle on their right-hand pinkie fingernail. The left hand pinkie is just too variable.

Fingers

My cat Toby
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere in the woods around Portland Oregon
Hmm, I could be in serious trouble. My first car was silver. Then I had a blue one. I had a black truck, a red truck and now my 97 nissan 4x4 king cab is red. Although I have nicknamed my truck 'Little green Datsun'. From this article Im not clear where I stand and I dont have all the mood swings implied. (running in circles now)

yer pal Brian