I JUST missed a robbery.

underthecity

Finestkind
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allensedge.com
Just before six I went out to Lee's Famous Recipe for dinner. They were kind of a state of confusion. About ten minutes before I got there, they were robbed. An armed man pointed a gun at the cashier, this little girl who looks about 20, and told her to give him the money or he'd shoot her.

So, they gave him what was in the drawer and he took off. They called the police and all that. Then, they had a huge catering order to fill. That's when I arrived. The manager, who was overseeing the catering delivery, told me what happened.

The cashier was on the phone, crying as she talked. The manager said that she wanted to keep working the rest of the evening.

If I had gotten there ten minutes sooner, I might have walked into the middle of it.

allen

DWSTXS

Mr Mojo Risin...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
I was an asst mgr at a restaurant and there was a robbery, and one of the patrons threw a heavy tea mug/glass at the guy and he fled. It was quite humorous. He fled across a field next to the restaurant and dropped every penny of the money.

Then there was the time that I was a district mgr of a fast food burger place and a guy walks in and stuck a gun right in my face.

LOL. I mean right IN my face. I could just about see the groove marks in the barrel. He was shaking like a leaf too.
First thing I did was reach up and push the barrel of the gun (very slowly) to one side, thinking I don't want to get shot by accident just because this guy's so nervous

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
Oh, that must have been scary! I was walking past a bank when a cop jumped out of his car and pushed me out of the way, running into the bank. They said later there was a robbery in progress.

Jean Marie

calm waters ahead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jeanmariewiesen.com
Allen, you had your chance for great story material and ya blew it! No pun intended.

I had some little munchkin stick a gun in my face, trying to rob me and all I kept thinking was, it's gotta be a toy, right. No kid would do this. He gave up, jumped into the getaway car and took off.

It wasn't a toy, it was a .22 pistol.

Now, see I remember that happening, so what's up w/ Hillary? Sorry, couldn't help myself.

DWSTXS

Mr Mojo Risin...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Oh, that must have been scary! I was walking past a bank when a cop jumped out of his car and pushed me out of the way, running into the bank. They said later there was a robbery in progress.
None of it was really scary, up to a point.

I actually had to push the gun out of my face several times, because he kept pulling it out after I gave him some cash and then told him to get lost.
That wasn't scary. The SCARY part was when I took him by the arm and said, come on, you're leaving....and I was walking him to the door, and he stopped, took the gun back out, and said 'Come on, I want you and the other employee to go into the back room and lay down, face down on the floor.'

As we were walking into the back room, I realized he was going to assassinate us and then leave.

Upbeat

Banned
Reaction score
Just before six I went out to Lee's Famous Recipe for dinner. They were kind of a state of confusion. About ten minutes before I got there, they were robbed. An armed man pointed a gun at the cashier, this little girl who looks about 20, and told her to give him the money or he'd shoot her.

So, they gave him what was in the drawer and he took off. They called the police and all that. Then, they had a huge catering order to fill. That's when I arrived. The manager, who was overseeing the catering delivery, told me what happened.

The cashier was on the phone, crying as she talked. The manager said that she wanted to keep working the rest of the evening.

If I had gotten there ten minutes sooner, I might have walked into the middle of it.

allen

Did you see today's news? A clerk was fired because he stopped a robber from beating the cashier. The company has an unbending rule about trying to stop a robbery, and in this case apparently, an attack on a cashier, because it could make matters worse.
Ridiculous rule in this case.