Hi,
i would like to know how mych years will one get
if a man kills his gf due to driving his acar in a stupified state
and thanks
padma

Ruv Draba

Banned
Reaction score
It would depend on what country he was in.
And what state. And whether there is plea-bargaining, any circumstances, and what the social context is - courts often 'send messages' through sentencing, and prosecutors can agitate for sentencing for political reasons; sentencing can be very political.

In a place like Australia where I live I think that if a custodial sentence were imposed at all for negligent driving occasioning death, no prior convictions, no public outrage... I think that the chances are that it would be something like 1-3 years, with chance of parole halfway through. In some circumstances though, it could be loss of license and good behaviour bond with no custodial sentence - or maybe home detention. If it were something more severe (like driving a getaway car for an armed robbery, and the girl had no previous involvement), then it could be around 5 years, plus whatever they get for the other crime.

Kathie Freeman

That Crazy Cat Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
catbook.biz
And the judge. If heard of one case where a drunk driver who killed someone got off with time served (3 days) and probation.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
In Texas he could get as much as 20 years or only a two year probation, depending on the facts. So it really matters what country and if it's in the US, what state.

Joycecwilliams

Registered
Reaction score
I would do a google search for the crime and the state... You might be able to find some newspaper articles with sentencing... Virginia has their court cases on line...

It would also depend if he had any priors...

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If it is in the U.S., you can find state specific info on any subject at Findlaw.com.

It's a very helpful site.

Kathie Freeman

That Crazy Cat Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
catbook.biz
Come to think of it, it also depends on how well-connected he is. Recent news events put me in mind of a famous case where a drunk driver went off a bridge with his secretary in the car and didn't report it for 3 hours. She died, he is now a "well-respected" senator.

Horseshoes

lisapreston.com
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisapreston.com
May get tried for vehicular manslaughter, may go for manslaughter. Likely to be a fairly low level felony (C or maybe B), definitely not unclassified or A.