PDA

View Full Version : Last exam EVER!

Danger Jane
05-17-2008, 05:09 AM
Okay fine it was a little bit of a lie. I had my AP Latin exam today and I tell you this because while it is nowhere near my last exam ever, it is my last AP exam. It's supposed to be super hard and no one in my school's gotten a 5 (perfect score, after the scale) in over fifteen years. But uh...I think I aced it. I'm a Classical scholar all right.

Just sharing :D

C.bronco
05-17-2008, 05:12 AM
Surgite!

Danger Jane
05-17-2008, 05:14 AM
Surge!

alleycat
05-17-2008, 05:22 AM
Well, I would wish you congratulations in Latin, but since my knowledge of Latin is pretty much confined to plant names, uh, may I wish you . . .

A corona rosarum!

(I'm guessing you're not very impressed with me at the moment. ;-)

Good luck. I hope you do well in the future, no matter where your dreams take you.

robeiae
05-17-2008, 05:26 AM
Cura nihil aliud nisi ut valeas.

alleycat
05-17-2008, 05:35 AM
Cura nihil aliud nisi ut valeas.
Well, you're doing better than I am. I think I implied she was a horse.

;-)

Danger Jane
05-17-2008, 05:37 AM
:D now what am I gonna do with this corona rosarum...

And Robeiae...all I can say is after I turned my brain to mush on that exam, foedis porcus es!

Fenika
05-17-2008, 05:51 AM
Hahaha, I see much exam pain in your future...

Sorry, still recovering from my own school experience. Hm. I may not have to take another exam again. Mind if I come over and celebrate with ya?

Cheers,
Christina

Siddow
05-17-2008, 05:57 AM
uh....congrats?

Gratis?

Waytogogirl? :)

brokenfingers
05-17-2008, 06:01 AM
Owway! atthay's antasticfay! Ouyay ogay irlgay!

nancy sv
05-17-2008, 06:13 AM
Congrats!! That's wonderful! (and I don't know a single word of Latin, so I won't even try.)

Danger Jane
05-17-2008, 06:25 AM
Party sounds good, you can crash my prom tomorrow night if you think you can sneak in around my massive seven foot tall prison warden principal.

Susie
05-17-2008, 06:26 AM
Bet you did, DJ. You go, girl! Let us know, k.

Fenika
05-17-2008, 06:28 AM
Party sounds good, you can crash my prom tomorrow night if you think you can sneak in around my massive seven foot tall prison warden principal.

Ha, I'd take you up on that just to check 'prom crashing' off my list...
But alas, I won't be going anywhere. Enjoy your prom. Nice to have the AP exams over with.

Cthulhu
05-17-2008, 07:01 AM
AP tests are brutal...

AP Environmental Science - 50% of people in 2006 got a 1 or a 2. Nationwide. My class didn't even finish the curriculum (*coughlatincough*). I'm pretty hopeful.

AP Psychology - There are no words to express how massively 100 kids failed this one, what with having a teacher who was incapable on an outright epic level.

As for your Latin, sounds awesome. I enjoyed Latin when I took it for three years, but no way could I have handled it this year. Out of curiosity, did you ever take the National Latin Exam? If so, how'd you rank? (I got a silver medal once and a gold the other time I took it).

Soccer Mom
05-17-2008, 07:10 AM
Yay for you, Nancy!

Danger Jane
05-17-2008, 08:02 AM
Never took the National Latin Exam. And I hear the nationwide average for AP Euro is a 2.5, and not much higher (or is it not much lower?) for Latin (vergil)...so I'm a little ambitious for someone who only studied for this one test.

Didn't bother with AP psych...took the real AP social studies instead, Euro. One of our two psych teachers is great, but the other didn't assign any work for more than a full semester, instead teaching kids about the history of our town and talking about how he's failing weightwatchers again. So they pretty much all got 1s also.

Latin failure is endemic at my school. Kids have shown up drunk two out of the last four years. Embarrassing.

Southern_girl29
05-17-2008, 08:11 AM
Good for you. Just taking the class is an accomplishment, and I'm sure you did very well on the test, too.