Looking for a market for my cowboy poem.

jimflint1

Registered
Reaction score
Hi. I've got a cowboy poem that I'm trying to get published. However, the only cowboy poetry markets I've found want shorter poetry (mine is 124 lines and is really a story in verse form). I've tried one book publisher that I found that publishes poetry in book form (a long poem with illustrations), and I think that would be great for my poem. However, that was last September and I still have heard nothing from the book company. Also, I should mention, it's a Christian poem, and would certainly do well for a Christmas publication. Any suggestions?

Shane

JAlpha

Smilie Fanatic
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
diaryofaliteraryfictioneditor.blogspot.com
Shane,

I used to have a cowboy poet in my crit group. He never seemed to run out of places to submit his poems. I remember keeping a list of some of the markets he submitted to, but I'll have to dig around for it. In the meantime . . . a quick Google search of "cowboy poetry" + submissions, seemed to bring up a fair number of sites for you to search through.

Here's the Google link http://home.bellsouth.net/s/s.dll?spage=search%2Fresultshome1.htm&startdate=01%2F01%2F2010&man=1&num=10&SearchType=web&string=%22cowboy+poetry%22+%2B+submission&imageField.x=24&imageField.y=9

JAlpha

jimflint1

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, JAlpha.

I've tried the google route before and after searching through umpteen sites, really found nothing that would work. I don't want to publish it for free, and many of the sites are obsolete. Still after checking the list you gave me, I came up with one possibility that I'm going to phone in a few minutes. Thanks for your help and if you come up with that other list, I'd really like to see it.

Cheers,

Shane