PDA

View Full Version : HE SAID "MAMA"!!!!!

Greenwolf103
05-16-2008, 10:47 AM
It FINALLY happened! My 7-month-old said "mama" today. YAY!!!

Too bad he wasn't looking at me when he said it. LOL Oh, well. Actually, my 6-year-old was playing with him and she informed me he finally said that precious word. So he said "mama" before "dada." I win! LOL Just kidding. :D

So far, he's said "wow" and "ba-ba." It's so cool he's finally saying 'mama" too. Now he just needs to look my way when he says it...

HeronW
05-16-2008, 12:35 PM
How much of the bet do you have to pay the 6 yr old as a bribe for making sure mama was said before dada? :}

Congrats!

Mandy-Jane
05-16-2008, 02:18 PM
Oh that is so sweet. Congratulations.

(It's fun and all until they start following "Mama" with "I want something to eat."

samgail
05-16-2008, 02:54 PM
The sweetest word....You win!

Jean Marie
05-16-2008, 05:35 PM
So, wait a sec, your 7 month said 'Mama" to your 6 year old? Does that mean he thinks she's his mama? Or, was she pointing to You? and asking for something in exchange if he said Mama before Dada.

I've got a twisted mind and grew up w/ an older brother, too :D

Southern_girl29
05-16-2008, 06:39 PM
I cried the first time my daughter said "Mama," and she wasn't even looking at me when she said it either. Congrats. To me, that one is as huge a deal as first steps.

writin52
05-16-2008, 06:47 PM
It FINALLY happened! My 7-month-old said "mama" today. YAY!!!

Too bad he wasn't looking at me when he said it. LOL Oh, well. Actually, my 6-year-old was playing with him and she informed me he finally said that precious word. So he said "mama" before "dada." I win! LOL Just kidding. :D

So far, he's said "wow" and "ba-ba." It's so cool he's finally saying 'mama" too. Now he just needs to look my way when he says it...
Congratulations, Greenwolf. Quite a feat if he said Mama first as usually it is the other way round. I actually taught my neice Jenny to quack when she was about that age and my sister still hasn't forgiven me LOL;)

CDarklock
05-16-2008, 09:04 PM
It FINALLY happened! My 7-month-old said "mama" today.

Congrats!

Mine can finally say "daddy". He's 18 months.

He's so shy. It's just adorable. For much of the past year, he's been practicing on the stairs. He sneaks off down the stairs, hangs out on the landing halfway between floors, and whispers words to himself. He doesn't actually say them in front of anyone else until he knows he can say them properly.

He's been a few months practicing "diddy" and "deety" on the stairs, and a couple weeks ago he got to "doddy", and then last week he finally looked at me while we were playing and said "daddy" plain as day.

I think he's going to be another writer. Not like the oldest, who may as well have come out of the womb holding a football.

Susie
05-16-2008, 10:20 PM
Aww, that's great, Dawn! They must be so cute! :Hug2:

C.bronco
05-16-2008, 10:24 PM
Congrats! That's such a joyful feeling, to have your baby finally call your name!