A fish almost killed me today.

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You have to understand we are big critter lovers. Once we had to wait till a huge wood spider delivered her babies, to use the front door--every night she would spin the most intricate, beautiful web--it covered both front doors. After a few months hubby found Charlotte on the ground, shrivled up. He got a matchbox and we had a formal ceremony, buried her in the garden.

Painting and cleaning gutters cease until baby birds who take up residence on her house leave.

Daughs fish had been sick. ....never had any luck with goldfish. Darn. Today, found her fishy floating upright--eyes wide open. Wanted to spare her. Took sweet fishy with his bowl of water out to garden. Dug. Stood, wiped my hands and picked up dead fishy in bowl. Getting ready to tilt fishy out of bowl, and FISHY.JUMPS. RIGHT. OUT. OF. BOWL. Swear to goodness. RIGHT. OUT.

I fell backwards, glass bowl went flying. I almost broke my neck.

Your day?

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Kimmi, one of the reasons you might not have had any luck with goldfish is that you keep them in bowls. Goldfish need a big tank with lots of aeration, because they grow to become big fish. I have two of them, and they reside in a tank that would hold twenty guppies. And despite the green scum on the side of the tank (I really must clean it tonight!) they're thriving. And growing.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
See, the voodoo is already at work.

Now...what is in the barn?

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Kimmi, one of the reasons you might not have had any luck with goldfish is that you keep them in bowls. Goldfish need a big tank with lots of aeration, because they grow to become big fish. I have two of them, and they reside in a tank that would hold twenty guppies. And despite the green scum on the side of the tank (I really must clean it tonight!) they're thriving. And growing.
I'm done with fish--but my newt is doing fine in gold-fish bowl--8 years old my baby is!

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
I had to catch a Pleco nearly a foot long a couple of weeks ago. I finally got rid of my tank and a local restaurant wanted him as janitor for their koi pond. My net wasn't big enough. It was very scary.

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I had to catch a Pleco nearly a foot long a couple of weeks ago. I finally got rid of my tank and a local restaurant wanted him as janitor for their koi pond. My net wasn't big enough. It was very scary.
Those are so cool!

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, your fish isn't named Lazarus, is it?

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'll spare you the details of my critter encounter today, Kimmi, since it has almost already killed two threads here!

BIG FRIGGING BULLSNAKE AT MY BACKDOOR! :eek:
snapper--crapper. I'm gonna die out at my farm--there are moccassions and rattlers..Oh, I forgot..EEEKS! Do they have snake repellent?

Spelling is outta whack tonight--please excuse--I'm being lazy!

Last edited:

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have the world's oldest goldfish. 3 years last october. This was a free carnival goldfish. He's as long as my hand.

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have the world's oldest goldfish. 3 years last october. This was a free carnival goldfish. He's as long as my hand.
Wowza. They are pretty...But after the attack on me today--no more gold fish for ME family!! I'm gonna have wet dreams tonight.

Ahh, snap. I bet SK catches that... :tongue

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My betta's don't last too long. They get flushed, does that make me bad?

I had one that lasted 3 years.
I always turn the lights on when I tinkle at night just for that reason, JM. Don't want something biting my hiney. :D

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wowza. They are pretty...But after the attck on me today--no more gold fish for ME family!! I'm gonna have wet dreams tonight.

Ahh, snap. I bet SK catches that... :tongue

:ROFL: I"m biting my tongue right now.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
Holy crap-o-moon-doe. I thought someone was blaming me, again, for their near-death experience.

Thank goodness I'm innocent of the charges this time. :)