05-16-2008, 04:09 AM
Roses are red
Violets are bright.
Hope you get big bucks
Day or night! (and no leaks!)

Much good luck, kimmi!

TheIT
05-16-2008, 04:14 AM
Good luck, and may your patience pay off!

:Sun:

Jean Marie
05-16-2008, 04:26 AM
Put my house on the market today: showing it in 20 min.

Eeps, just found a leak, eeeps!
What do you think they invented chewing gum and crazy glue for, Kimmi?

Lots of luck :)

Soccer Mom
05-16-2008, 04:28 AM
Good luck, sweetie. You're selling the barn? :( You have to promise you'll still post pretty pictures of it.

Yeshanu
05-16-2008, 04:34 AM
What do you think they invented chewing gum and crazy glue for, Kimmi?

Lots of luck :)

*sigh* Don't you folks down in the States know about duct tape?

Hope the sale goes well, Kimmi.

WildScribe
05-16-2008, 04:36 AM
Good luck!!!!!!!!!

CACTUSWENDY
05-16-2008, 04:44 AM
Well, I would help to convince him...but you never told me what was in the barn...(and inquiring minds still want to know.)

Yeshanu
05-16-2008, 04:44 AM
My parents did that with their house, which is also about 100 years old. They had it raised and put on a foundation, then put board-and-batten siding on it and added the kitchen on the back.

Jean Marie
05-16-2008, 04:47 AM
*sigh* Don't you folks down in the States know about duct tape?

Hope the sale goes well, Kimmi.
I was gonna say duct tape, I swear...

Little Red Barn
05-16-2008, 04:49 AM
Well, I would help to convince him...but you never told me what was in the barn...(and inquiring minds still want to know.)
:tongue

Jean Marie
05-16-2008, 04:53 AM
:tongue
Oh, stick it in your ear.

It's about time you told us, Kimmi.

You don't, I'm gonna jinx the sale of your house. I've got that kind of power, y'know.

Jean Marie
05-16-2008, 04:56 AM
And, be quick about it, Grey's Anatomy goes on in 4 minutes.

Jean Marie
05-16-2008, 05:01 AM
Kimmi, I'm not kidding. Hurry up and spill, or the voodoo doll's coming out. That house of yours will never sell.

I'm serious.

On it, girlfriend.

Do I need to light a fire under your butt...thought I was doing that...what the hell, sorry to be redundant, what's in the barn?

1st Poke...

Little Red Barn
05-16-2008, 05:09 AM
Kimmi, I'm not kidding. Hurry up and spill, or the voodoo doll's coming out. That house of yours will never sell.

I'm serious.

On it, girlfriend.

Do I need to light a fire under your butt...thought I was doing that...what the hell, sorry to be redundant, what's in the barn?

1st Poke...
The barn has...ooops phone is ringing...only ToT knows and she's been threatened... ;)

Jean Marie
05-16-2008, 05:15 AM
The barn has...ooops phone is ringing...only ToT knows and she's been threatened... ;)
That's not the phone, Kimmi, it's the...well, it's the result of the 2nd poke.

As for ToT, I can arrange for something, there.

Appalachian Writer
05-16-2008, 05:37 AM
When my husband was alive, we lived in a ten room house that was old enough for the historic registry. The year after he died, I stopped rambling around in empty rooms and put it on the market. I started watching those "stage your house" shows on HGTV and took some of their advice before showing it, right down to baking cookies! It worked. It only showed like 3 times, and each of the people who saw it, gave an offer. I put it on the market in October (a bad month, they tell me) and was out the day after Thanksgiving, check in hand! I wish you the same good luck!

And about the barn. Well...maybe you could find an article or two about barns, talking about the value or how it increases the value of property to have said old barn sitting on it! Money talks, you know.

Southern_girl29
05-16-2008, 07:38 AM
Good luck. I really hope you can talk him out of tearing down the barn. I love old barns and old houses. About 12 years ago, my granny's farm sold, including the 150-year-old house. The man who bought it decided to give the house to the volunteer fire department to use as training, and he built a new house. Granny and I watched the old one burn, but at least, he kept the barn. He still uses it.

Appalachian Writer
05-16-2008, 08:58 AM
Hey! kimmi! Most states give tax credits for the preservation of historic buildings, even old barns! Could work?!

samgail
05-16-2008, 09:52 AM
Does an old barn increase or decrease the value of the property? This is our ancient but functioning barn.
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j10/mvandal/IMGP1110-1.jpg

Good luck selling kimmi!

Little Red Barn
05-16-2008, 04:40 PM
Does an old barn increase or decrease the value of the property? This is our ancient but functioning barn.
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j10/mvandal/IMGP1110-1.jpg

Good luck selling kimmi!

Beautiful!!!! Does it increase, hmm? The old windows in mine are really cool.

Ken
05-16-2008, 04:53 PM
duct tape isn't worth much these days.
Recently bought a roll to patch a window.
The tape is half the thickness that it used to be and is about half as sticky.
Next time I'll just use scotch tape or a postage stamp.

TheIT
05-18-2008, 07:49 PM
Got a contract from the 1st person... contigent upon her selling her home... Yah! But will continue to show, just in case!

A buyer in hand is better than two in the bushes, but keep beating the bushes just in case. :D

Good luck!

CACTUSWENDY
05-18-2008, 08:18 PM
Still waitin here. :e2drunk:...<<<<<could I ply you with some of the fruit of the vine? Maybe some :e2coffee: ?

Come on. You know you are just dying to tell us. :e2cookie:

WHAT'S IN THE DANG BARN? :cry:(I feel so, sigh, cheated.)

Little Red Barn
05-18-2008, 09:05 PM
Still waitin here. :e2drunk:...<<<<<could I ply you with some of the fruit of the vine? Maybe some :e2coffee: ?

Come on. You know you are just dying to tell us. :e2cookie:

WHAT'S IN THE DANG BARN? :cry:(I feel so, sigh, cheated.)
And so it shall remain a mystery.... hehee
phooey on your vodoo...neerer neener!

Ken
05-18-2008, 09:34 PM
Got a contract from the 1st person... contingent upon her selling her home... Yah! But will continue to show, just in case!

cool :-)

samgail
05-18-2008, 11:59 PM
:ROFL::roll:

Ken
05-19-2008, 12:51 AM
good you found the source of the leak,
and avoided having to call in a repair person.
In my estimation you've got a night out on the town coming to you.

Kerr
05-19-2008, 03:16 PM
Good luck with the sale, kimmi. Just wanted to say there's a young couple nearby who moved out from Chicago area when they bought a property with an old, two-story barn that she fell in love with. He rebuilt it to near-original condition and added an outdoor staircase to the second floor. They put in tables and chairs, a stage at one end, bathrooms and chandeliers, and then started renting it out for weddings and such. It's so cool, it almost makes me want to get married again. But, alas! It's the barns that I really love. lol

And your's is a beauty samgail.