PDA

View Full Version : Do you like quiet times with no interruptions?

Upbeat
05-15-2008, 11:29 PM
They're hard to find in this hectic world; although worth every effort to make them happen - at least in my view.
Somehow today I found a full hour to sit in the sun on one of the first clear warm days after a long winter.
It took only a few minutes to relax enough to clear a clutter of thoughts - to simply put them all into perspective - to just 'be'.

Perks
05-15-2008, 11:35 PM
Do you like quiet times with no interruptions?
After about ninety seconds I start narrating on my circumstances. But it's nice for that minute and a half.

Cranky
05-15-2008, 11:36 PM
Quiet? What's that?

Shadow_Ferret
05-15-2008, 11:37 PM
No interruptions? What's that?

steveg144
05-15-2008, 11:41 PM
Love them, especially since they are so rare. Managed a whole hour out on my deck in the sun the other afternoon, stretched out on a deck chair with a Marker's Mark mint julep and nothing else. No book, no iPod, no radio, no writing material, nothing. It felt good, in the way that you just know that a big hound dog snoring on his back in the middle of the back yard having little rabbit-chasing dreams just feels great.

Then after about an hour my conscience kicked in and demanded I get back to writing. So I did. But man, for that one magical hour ...

Upbeat
05-15-2008, 11:50 PM
Love them, especially since they are so rare. Managed a whole hour out on my deck in the sun the other afternoon, stretched out on a deck chair with a Marker's Mark mint julep and nothing else. No book, no iPod, no radio, no writing material, nothing. It felt good, in the way that you just know that a big hound dog snoring on his back in the middle of the back yard having little rabbit-chasing dreams just feels great.

Then after about an hour my conscience kicked in and demanded I get back to writing. So I did. But man, for that one magical hour ...

!! My sentiments, exactly - magical.

Siddow
05-15-2008, 11:54 PM

Yes, I do, and I'm looking forward to enjoying time just like that in August of 2009. Funny how when I was young and single I hated to be home alone; made me antsy. But now that I'm married with children, I long for periods of pure silence and often wish everyone would just STFU and leave me alone.

Upbeat
05-15-2008, 11:56 PM

You just hafta find a place where they can't happen - IF you can.

Cranky
05-15-2008, 11:56 PM
I ditto Siddow here. Again. :D

I'm trying to plot a night away for myself with our "economic stimulus" Har! money.

Upbeat
05-16-2008, 12:02 AM
Yes, I do, and I'm looking forward to enjoying time just like that in August of 2009. Funny how when I was young and single I hated to be home alone; made me antsy. But now that I'm married with children, I long for periods of pure silence and often wish everyone would just STFU and leave me alone.

So, what's NOT happening in August 2009?
btw - I'm looking forward to late August 2008 after summer visitors go home. ...noisy fun while they're here. However..............

sheadakota
05-16-2008, 12:08 AM
I had one of those moments today- seventy degrees, brought my lawn furniture out of hiberbnation and went outside to just sit.

Both dogs at my side panting after running around like, well, dogs. One of my barn cats curled up in my lap purring and spearing me with his claws as he needs me. My horses grazing in the fields below me. The smell of honeysuckle is strong and sweet as it drifts down from the woods along with the last blossoms from the dogwood trees at the border of my property. Nothing whatsoever on my mind.

Yeah, I think magical covers that.

Siddow
05-16-2008, 12:09 AM
So, what's NOT happening in August 2009?

That's when my youngest child starts school and I'll be ALONE! ALL ALONE! WOOOOT!!!

Upbeat
05-16-2008, 12:21 AM
That's when my youngest child starts school and I'll be ALONE! ALL ALONE! WOOOOT!!!

...only a year plus a few months to go!!!

nerds
05-16-2008, 12:44 AM

Yes.

sassandgroove
05-16-2008, 12:49 AM
yes, though I've just squandered some by posting on AW all day.

HeronW
05-16-2008, 12:57 AM
I'd love them except one cat gets lost going to the litterbox and meows until I tell her to turn around and the other likes to liver dance at bed time--on my liver. So the fiction of 'quiet uninterrupted time' does sound nice. :}

SPMiller
05-16-2008, 01:14 AM
Quiet: unnecessary.

No interruption: priceless.

James81
05-16-2008, 01:16 AM
Quiet? What's that?

Do you like? What's that?