Do you like quiet times with no interruptions?

Upbeat

Banned
Reaction score
They're hard to find in this hectic world; although worth every effort to make them happen - at least in my view.
Somehow today I found a full hour to sit in the sun on one of the first clear warm days after a long winter.
It took only a few minutes to relax enough to clear a clutter of thoughts - to simply put them all into perspective - to just 'be'.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Quiet? What's that?

steveg144

Crusty Polemicist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
CrustyPolemicist.blogspot.com
Love them, especially since they are so rare. Managed a whole hour out on my deck in the sun the other afternoon, stretched out on a deck chair with a Marker's Mark mint julep and nothing else. No book, no iPod, no radio, no writing material, nothing. It felt good, in the way that you just know that a big hound dog snoring on his back in the middle of the back yard having little rabbit-chasing dreams just feels great.

Then after about an hour my conscience kicked in and demanded I get back to writing. So I did. But man, for that one magical hour ...

Upbeat

Banned
Reaction score
Love them, especially since they are so rare. Managed a whole hour out on my deck in the sun the other afternoon, stretched out on a deck chair with a Marker's Mark mint julep and nothing else. No book, no iPod, no radio, no writing material, nothing. It felt good, in the way that you just know that a big hound dog snoring on his back in the middle of the back yard having little rabbit-chasing dreams just feels great.

Then after about an hour my conscience kicked in and demanded I get back to writing. So I did. But man, for that one magical hour ...

!! My sentiments, exactly - magical.

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score

Yes, I do, and I'm looking forward to enjoying time just like that in August of 2009. Funny how when I was young and single I hated to be home alone; made me antsy. But now that I'm married with children, I long for periods of pure silence and often wish everyone would just STFU and leave me alone.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I ditto Siddow here. Again. :D

I'm trying to plot a night away for myself with our "economic stimulus" Har! money.

Upbeat

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, I do, and I'm looking forward to enjoying time just like that in August of 2009. Funny how when I was young and single I hated to be home alone; made me antsy. But now that I'm married with children, I long for periods of pure silence and often wish everyone would just STFU and leave me alone.

So, what's NOT happening in August 2009?
btw - I'm looking forward to late August 2008 after summer visitors go home. ...noisy fun while they're here. However..............

sheadakota

part of the human equation
Registered
Reaction score
I had one of those moments today- seventy degrees, brought my lawn furniture out of hiberbnation and went outside to just sit.

Both dogs at my side panting after running around like, well, dogs. One of my barn cats curled up in my lap purring and spearing me with his claws as he needs me. My horses grazing in the fields below me. The smell of honeysuckle is strong and sweet as it drifts down from the woods along with the last blossoms from the dogwood trees at the border of my property. Nothing whatsoever on my mind.

Yeah, I think magical covers that.

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
So, what's NOT happening in August 2009?

That's when my youngest child starts school and I'll be ALONE! ALL ALONE! WOOOOT!!!

nerds

of all the gin joints
Registered
Reaction score

Yes.

HeronW

Down Under Fan
Registered
Reaction score
I'd love them except one cat gets lost going to the litterbox and meows until I tell her to turn around and the other likes to liver dance at bed time--on my liver. So the fiction of 'quiet uninterrupted time' does sound nice. :}