Status
Not open for further replies.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
So, you know how the Google Ads you see above are context-related, right? They check out the text on each page and try to serve up ads that are related to the text.

I hereby challenge you to type stuff that will make the Google Ads show the weirdest combinations of ads possible.

I shall try first...

I was making homebrewed beer when I noticed that my kitten had diaper rash.

(P.S. Any of you people who do not have kittens with diaper rash and homebrewed beer know how long it takes Google to change the ads?)

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
hmmm--I love beer, especially the homebrewed kind of beer. And my kitten--more of a cat really--is sitting on my lap pouncing my fingers as I type.

But she's never had diaper rash. So far the google ads are disappointingly normal, I'm afraid...

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
and if I had a kitten with diaper rash I am sure I would need homebrewed beer because homebrewed beer gives you the lift needed to cope with the kitten and it's diaper rash.

I use the homebrewed beer to treat all my elephants that live in my house. Elephants get diaper rashes also. But in really large areas. Take my word for it...elephants with diaper rash are really bad news.:ROFL:

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
diaper rash

I'm getting a lovely ad for a bachlorette party, now...where the heck did THAT come from?

CACTUSWENDY

Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
well...there was one for the care of kittens....and one about diaper rash....lmao:ROFL:

Rob-rite

A wanderer returning...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
robsweeney-singer.tumblr.com
JennaGlatzer said:
So, you know how the Google Ads you see above are context-related, right? They check out the text on each page and try to serve up ads that are related to the text.

I hereby challenge you to type stuff that will make the Google Ads show the weirdest combinations of ads possible.

I shall try first...

I was making homebrewed beer when I noticed that my kitten had diaper rash.

(P.S. Any of you people who do not have kittens with diaper rash and homebrewed beer know how long it takes Google to change the ads?)

Diaper rash? Kittens with diaper rash? Kittens with diaper rash tend to drink homebrewed beer. Or home-brewed beer causes diaper rash, especially in kittens. Kittens like home brewed beer. But the diaper rash is a side-affect.

CACTUSWENDY

Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Oh my gosh...what a riot....:banana: Rob. That is so funny.........:banana:

mdin

The late, the great XThe NavigatorX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Sheep and diaper rashes

My God, EG, how short is my memory? (I can see deleted posts... ;) ) You're so right. There was another thread where people were playing this game like, 2 weeks ago. I feel so unoriginal and sheepish now. :gone:

Sheep? Sheep with diaper rashes?

(I see we accomplished the felines. Where are the diaper rash and beer ads? Kitten ads must be higher stakes on the pay scale.)

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
:mad: Mine are back to the boring ads for writers! What does it take to get a good ad about time travel devices and tin foil beanies around here?

Optimus

Banned
Reaction score
Jenna, I wrote you (and all the ladies) a new poem in the TIOB. If you critique it I'll give you 10 rep points.

Heh.

Rob-rite

A wanderer returning...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
robsweeney-singer.tumblr.com
JennaGlatzer said:
:mad: Mine are back to the boring ads for writers! What does it take to get a good ad about time travel devices and tin foil beanies around here?

Maybe a citrix portal is some kind of time-travelling device. (Sounds like one!)

mdin

The late, the great XThe NavigatorX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
My kitten has a rash!

they seem to go back and forth. Still no ads about kittens or beer. Just skin stuff.

Patricia

California Dreaming
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
When you have a kitten with diaper rash, and drink homebrewed beer, you must becareful. You can end up with a whole lot of kittens with diaper rash that like homebrewed beer.

When you have kittens with a diaper rash that like homebrewed beer, you will have a whole lot of meowing.

When you have kittens with a diaper rash who like homebrewed beer, and do a lot of meowing, you will have a lot of angry neighbors.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Tin foil and time travel still missing

Ah! But I DID figure out why the "bachelorette party" ad shows... look at my signature...

firehorse

Living the Dream
Registered
Reaction score
The closest I'm getting is Red Dog software. The other three are all generic IT ads. But maybe as I post this, my poor diaper rash afflicted kitten will send alien brainwaves to the Google spiders (do they get diaper rash, too?) and send an interesting combination of ads.

Last edited:

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Wow, KTC. Valiant effort. I think my ads are just jammed up. They're still back to showing boring old writing ads.

Nivvie

Rejections, She Wrote.
Registered
Reaction score
I've got lots of writing ads, which is probably Google's way of hinting that this thread needs professional help.

Purple monkey dishwasher!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.