Do you believe in country ham?

Gravity

Seen 'em come, seen 'em go
Registered
Reaction score
Once you've heard the truth, everything else is ju
I do. Farm-cured, salty, fried up good, with sides of cathead biscuits, spoonbread, greenbeans with fatback, and redeye gravy ladled over the whole thing. Sweet tea on the side, and peach pie for dessert.

Just sayin.'

Carry on.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
Do you believe in heart attacks?

ETA: The only safe food is popcorn, no salt, no butter.
:popcorn:

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm from Tennessee . . . I don't even need to answer the question.

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
Only Smithfield hams. Belief in any other hams is heresy. False idols, all of them. And don't give me any of this deist crap. You either believe in a real ham or you don't. No hedging bets.

auntybug

teh other evil broad
Registered
Reaction score
I am destined for greatness. I'm just pacing mysel
Website
www.junekramin.com
Babe??? Is that you??
babe_pig_in_the_city.jpg

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Only Smithfield hams. Belief in any other hams is heresy. False idols, all of them. And don't give me any of this deist crap. You either believe in a real ham or you don't. No hedging bets.

How offensive and stupid can you get? I'll have you know that Sander's Butterball Ham not ONLY comes from the one and only true people of the ham, but is also well over a thousand years older. (I know. I put dates on everything before I stick it in my fridge.)

A false belief in smithfield hams can only lead you to that dark door, behind which lies only tofu turkey. Be warned, sinner, and repent.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Smithfield? Well, I used to own stock in Smithfield and they have a good commercial ham . . .

I would refer you to some other sellers of hams, but many of them are only open a few months of the year in the fall. Those are real hams.

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
How offensive and stupid can you get? I'll have you know that Sander's Butterball Ham not ONLY comes from the one and only true people of the ham, but is also well over a thousand years older. (I know. I put dates on everything before I stick it in my fridge.)

A false belief in smithfield hams can only lead you to that dark door, behind which lies only tofu turkey. Be warned, sinner, and repent.
No doubt, you worship alongside false fruitcakes, as well. Thousand years old! Pffft!

Try a Claxton Fruitcake. You'll see the light. I GAUR-ON-TEE IT!! (or you'll die, but that works too)

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
No doubt, you worship alongside false fruitcakes, as well. Thousand years old! Pffft!

Try a Claxton Fruitcake. You'll see the light. I GAUR-ON-TEE IT!! (or you'll die, but that works too)

Fruitcake is actually just a mildew that appears inside tin containers when left alone long enough...

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And I wondered why a thread about hams was posted in TIO.

Now I know.

We're all fruitcakes.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Country ham IS my God.

There! I said it! Happy now?

(I, also, am originally from Tennessee. I make trips home specifically to get country ham and country sausage.)
Try Rice's Country Ham in Mt. Juliet. They're only open from October to December. They will ship anywhere you want.

Last edited:

soleary

Registered
Reaction score
If you've ever loved biscuits, red eye gravy and country ham, I hope you know of Early's Farm Stand in Tennessee. It is the best, most wonderful place for a poke you'll find!

Gravity

Seen 'em come, seen 'em go
Registered
Reaction score
Once you've heard the truth, everything else is ju
I'm certainly glad to see the faithful members of the First Church of Country Ham have shown up for services. We'll begin in a moment, but first we need to pass the plate...of COUNTRY HAM.

And Dawno, if you feel you must move this thread, then you must. The flock will understand.

Infidel.