PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in country ham?

Gravity
05-15-2008, 09:14 PM
I do. Farm-cured, salty, fried up good, with sides of cathead biscuits, spoonbread, greenbeans with fatback, and redeye gravy ladled over the whole thing. Sweet tea on the side, and peach pie for dessert.

Just sayin.'

Carry on.

benbradley
05-15-2008, 09:17 PM
Do you believe in heart attacks?

ETA: The only safe food is popcorn, no salt, no butter.
:popcorn:

alleycat
05-15-2008, 09:17 PM
I'm from Tennessee . . . I don't even need to answer the question.

robeiae
05-15-2008, 09:29 PM
Only Smithfield hams. Belief in any other hams is heresy. False idols, all of them. And don't give me any of this deist crap. You either believe in a real ham or you don't. No hedging bets.

auntybug
05-15-2008, 09:32 PM
Babe??? Is that you??
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb169/auntybug/babe_pig_in_the_city.jpg

Bartholomew
05-15-2008, 09:33 PM
Only Smithfield hams. Belief in any other hams is heresy. False idols, all of them. And don't give me any of this deist crap. You either believe in a real ham or you don't. No hedging bets.

How offensive and stupid can you get? I'll have you know that Sander's Butterball Ham not ONLY comes from the one and only true people of the ham, but is also well over a thousand years older. (I know. I put dates on everything before I stick it in my fridge.)

A false belief in smithfield hams can only lead you to that dark door, behind which lies only tofu turkey. Be warned, sinner, and repent.

johnnysannie
05-15-2008, 09:35 PM
You're wrong, all of you. If you want the best country ham you have to get it from Burger's Smokehouse in California, MO!

Link here:

[url]http://www.smokehouse.com/burgers.nsf

alleycat
05-15-2008, 09:35 PM
Smithfield? Well, I used to own stock in Smithfield and they have a good commercial ham . . .

I would refer you to some other sellers of hams, but many of them are only open a few months of the year in the fall. Those are real hams.

robeiae
05-15-2008, 09:36 PM
How offensive and stupid can you get? I'll have you know that Sander's Butterball Ham not ONLY comes from the one and only true people of the ham, but is also well over a thousand years older. (I know. I put dates on everything before I stick it in my fridge.)

A false belief in smithfield hams can only lead you to that dark door, behind which lies only tofu turkey. Be warned, sinner, and repent.
No doubt, you worship alongside false fruitcakes, as well. Thousand years old! Pffft!

Try a Claxton Fruitcake. You'll see the light. I GAUR-ON-TEE IT!! (or you'll die, but that works too)

Bartholomew
05-15-2008, 09:38 PM
No doubt, you worship alongside false fruitcakes, as well. Thousand years old! Pffft!

Try a Claxton Fruitcake. You'll see the light. I GAUR-ON-TEE IT!! (or you'll die, but that works too)

Fruitcake is actually just a mildew that appears inside tin containers when left alone long enough...

alleycat
05-15-2008, 09:39 PM
And I wondered why a thread about hams was posted in TIO.

Now I know.

We're all fruitcakes.

robeiae
05-15-2008, 09:52 PM
And I wondered why a thread about hams was posted in TIO.

Now I know.

We're all fruitcakes.
Splitter!

mscelina
05-15-2008, 09:54 PM
Country ham IS my God.

There! I said it! Happy now?

(I, also, am originally from Tennessee. I make trips home specifically to get country ham and country sausage.)

alleycat
05-15-2008, 09:56 PM
Country ham IS my God.

There! I said it! Happy now?

(I, also, am originally from Tennessee. I make trips home specifically to get country ham and country sausage.)
Try Rice's Country Ham in Mt. Juliet. They're only open from October to December. They will ship anywhere you want.

alleycat
05-15-2008, 09:57 PM
Splitter!
Name calling is the hobgoblin of small minds . . .

(I just wanted to use hobgoblin in a sentence.)

Dawno
05-15-2008, 10:00 PM
Wondering why this isn't in the new cooking forum...or Office Party. It's not really TIO material.

III
05-15-2008, 10:02 PM
Only when pressed on glass

soleary
05-15-2008, 10:05 PM
If you've ever loved biscuits, red eye gravy and country ham, I hope you know of Early's Farm Stand in Tennessee. It is the best, most wonderful place for a poke you'll find!

Dawno
05-15-2008, 10:07 PM
dang it. now I want ham.

robeiae
05-15-2008, 10:08 PM
Wondering why this isn't in the new cooking forum...or Office Party. It's not really TIO material.
*raises kilt and flashes thread*

WendyNYC
05-15-2008, 10:08 PM
*raises kilt and flashes thread*

Nice hams!

mscelina
05-15-2008, 10:09 PM
You call those HAMS????

robeiae
05-15-2008, 10:12 PM
::inappropriate comment about other members' backsides deleted::

Gravity
05-15-2008, 10:32 PM
I'm certainly glad to see the faithful members of the First Church of Country Ham have shown up for services. We'll begin in a moment, but first we need to pass the plate...of COUNTRY HAM.

And Dawno, if you feel you must move this thread, then you must. The flock will understand.

Infidel.

HeronW
05-15-2008, 11:49 PM
Smithfield Ham spiral cut honey ham & Collin Street Bakery fruitcake - ah...men

Captshady
05-16-2008, 12:03 AM
I would eat it in a house, and I would eat it with a mouse
I would eat it in a box, and I would eat it with a box
I would eat it in the rain, and I would eat it on a train
I would eat it here or there, say, I would eat it anywhere.
I do so like Country ham and sweet tea. Thank you, thank you gravity

You can all applaude now :D

sassandgroove
05-16-2008, 12:10 AM
ok now I know why country ham was mentioned elsewhere in AW today.

Yes I am a believer.

Gravity
05-16-2008, 12:10 AM
You're welcome. And we forgive Dawno for moving this thread. She knoweth not what she dideth...or maybe-eth she did.

robeiae
05-16-2008, 12:18 AM
Maybe she doodeth...

Joycecwilliams
05-16-2008, 12:32 AM
Heck no. I'm a city ham person...

Dawno
05-16-2008, 12:35 AM
um, I didn't move it guys...

Joycecwilliams
05-16-2008, 12:36 AM
http://www.porkrollxpress.com/newstore/images/PIGSBEACHA.JPG

sassandgroove
05-16-2008, 12:41 AM
must be that jack booted censorship again.

:D Huh, Rob? :D:D:D:D

Tink
05-16-2008, 12:41 AM
Ok, I have just read every post in this thread and I have decided...

...to go make me a ham sandwich. :D

I AM A BELIEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

robeiae
05-16-2008, 12:42 AM
Ask not what your ham can do for you, but what you can do for your ham...

Cranky
05-16-2008, 12:42 AM
I am very, very hungry now. And I have no ham. :(

Shadow_Ferret
05-16-2008, 12:43 AM
I don't get it. Country ham? Where else would it come from? They don't allow pigs in the city.

robeiae
05-16-2008, 12:44 AM
I don't get it. Country ham? Where else would it come from? They don't allow pigs in the city.
Sure they do, as long as they stay in their squad cars...

Joycecwilliams
05-16-2008, 12:50 AM

Didn't you see the pig on the beach... it got hot in the blanket...

Joycecwilliams
05-16-2008, 12:51 AM
Sure they do, as long as they stay in their squad cars...

LOL

Tink
05-16-2008, 12:58 AM
Ask not what your ham can do for you, but what you can do for your ham... Slap it between two slices of freshly baked bread and eat it.........:D

Gravity
05-16-2008, 01:05 AM
um, I didn't move it guys...

Well then who in the Sam Scratch did?? I smell a conspiracy here. Much like the early Anabaptists and Heugenots, I feel oppression coming on...

nerds
05-16-2008, 01:06 AM
I believe in city ham. Whether gritty, pretty, or pithy, cities are full of hams. Human hams, but hams nonetheless.

dpaterso
05-16-2008, 01:18 AM
http://www.freewebs.com/dpat57/wannafight.jpg

brokenfingers
05-16-2008, 01:31 AM
I don't believe in ham.

There. I've said it.

I Do Not Believe In Ham.

I'm a steak man. Yes, some consider it heretical but I don't care. I'll be the one in heaven with 72 calves, laughing at all you infidels burning in hell!!! Hahahahaha!

alleycat
05-16-2008, 01:36 AM
I just had a cheeseburger. Yes, I shall burn in hell.

CDarklock
05-16-2008, 01:46 AM
I'm Jewish. I don't believe in any kind of ham.

Silver King
05-16-2008, 02:01 AM
That's what I was thinking also when it landed in Office Party. Seems like Derek moved it here, but there's just enough foodie talk to think our Cooking forum would be a good place to discuss ham in all of its many splendorous forms.

Yeah, that means we're moving again, so please bring your tray to its upright position, move your seat backs all the way forward and place your head between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye, 'cause it's gonna be a rough flight with no guarantee of survival!

choppersmom
05-16-2008, 02:16 AM
But what about the mashed potatoes??

alleycat
05-16-2008, 02:18 AM
That's what I was thinking also when it landed in Office Party. Seems like Derek moved it here, but there's just enough foodie talk to think our Cooking forum would be a good place to discuss ham in all of its many splendorous forms.

Yeah, that means we're moving again, so please bring your tray to its upright position, move your seat backs all the way forward and place your head between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye, 'cause it's gonna be a rough flight with no guarantee of survival!
This thread has changed positions more that John Kerry in the last election . . .

(That should send it to Politics.)

brokenfingers
05-16-2008, 02:21 AM
I'd like to thank Silver King for giving me my first (and likely only) post in the Food forum.

(Wow, that was really effortless! You should try it, folks!)

Dawno
05-16-2008, 02:22 AM
oh no - it'll get punted out of P&CE and back here so fast you'll think you were riding the spiral ham slicer...

Silver King
05-16-2008, 02:34 AM
This thread has changed positions more that John Kerry in the last election . . .

(That should send it to Politics.)
Alley, you should share that red clam sauce recipe in this forum some time. I've made it so often I have it memorized, and it's delicious.

Maybe we can start an Italian Cooking thread or some such and share recipes of the divine with our friends here. :)

alleycat
05-16-2008, 02:39 AM
Alley, you should share that red clam sauce recipe in this forum some time. I've made it so often I have it memorized, and it's delicious.

Maybe we can start an Italian Cooking thread or some such and share recipes of the divine with our friends here. :)
Creole too. I have an easy to make Red Beans & Rice recipe. Maybe I'll post that some time.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
05-16-2008, 02:53 AM
I do. Farm-cured, salty, fried up good, with sides of cathead biscuits, spoonbread, greenbeans with fatback, and redeye gravy ladled over the whole thing. Sweet tea on the side, and peach pie for dessert.

Just sayin.'

Carry on.

Hallelujah, Brethren and Sistren! Testify!

Do you believe in heart attacks?

ETA: The only safe food is popcorn, no salt, no butter.
:popcorn:

Better heart attack than 3.6 years in a nursing home! :D

nerds
05-16-2008, 03:25 AM
. . . and kiss your ass goodbye, 'cause it's gonna be a rough flight with no guarantee of survival!

Does this mean this thread will be a ham flambe? Flaming ham? Roast ham. Ham Jubilee. FIRE, baby.

StephanieFox
05-16-2008, 11:51 PM
Ham? I believe that it exists. I've heard that the goyum eat it at their Easter dinners. Sounds like a strange custom.

alleycat
05-16-2008, 11:59 PM

If you have it handy, Silver, you're welcome to post it.

An Italian cooling thread? That'll make me hungry every time I see it. I offered to marry a woman on another forum when she mentioned she was a great Italian cook (and with her name, I believe it). Unfortunately, she said her husband wasn't too fond of the idea.

Southern_girl29
05-18-2008, 05:19 AM
The best time for country ham is Christmas morning, served with biscuits, fried eggs and sliced tomatoes. I've been eating that every Christmas morning for as long as I can remember. My step-dad always buys a country ham just for that morning.