PDA

View Full Version : Live or die: Which would you choose?

cethklein
05-15-2008, 03:27 PM
Say you committed a completely heinous crime (Doesn't matter what, say something horrible like serial murder, high treason, or burning down a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup factory.)

Assume then you would either get life in prison or you could be executed. Which would you prefer? Would you rather live out the rest of your life holed up in a small cell with no possiblity of parole, or would you rather be put on death row.

Explain your answer.

johnnysannie
05-15-2008, 03:29 PM
I would choose to live. Because then there would be a chance - no matter how slim or unrealistic that I might one day get out of jail.

Besides, I've seen and read Stephen King's "Shawshank Redemption". I would then get a poster and begin tunneling out a little bit at a time. It would take years, yes, but it worked for Andy Dufrense.;)

Ol' Fashioned Girl
05-15-2008, 03:32 PM
Small cell for life or death row - either way, I'd live for years and years and years and years and years...

alleycat
05-15-2008, 03:52 PM
I would live in my small cell and write a book and go on the Oprah Show.

Tink
05-15-2008, 04:17 PM
Small cell for life or death row - either way, I'd live for years and years and years and years and years...

So True........:cool:

Maryn
05-15-2008, 04:22 PM
I'm capable of living a decent life largely inside my mind, whether my body's in a cell or this house, so I'll take the life sentence, please. And I'm going to win over my cellmate, too, so I ain't nobody's bitch but hers.

Maryn, considering prison tats

Pat~
05-15-2008, 04:29 PM
I'm with Maryn--but no cell mate, please.

(Spoken like a true sociopath...)

kristie911
05-15-2008, 05:03 PM
Give me the needle. I couldn't live inside that cell without totally going nuts. I'm way too claustrophobic for something like that.

~Kristie, who doesn't even like hotel rooms for too long.

Mandy-Jane
05-15-2008, 05:06 PM
I'd take the cell. I don't want to run the risk of being injected by unqualified people and suffer an anagonising death that lasts for hours. As long as they gave me books, writing paper and the occasional glass of wine, I'd be okay. I could also live quite happily not having to make decisions and just do what I'm told when I'm told.

poetinahat
05-15-2008, 05:11 PM
Some other things that would affect my decision: How does find peace with oneself with all that time to brood upon the guilt? There are ways, but that would be a frightening prospect.

And are there books?

Joycecwilliams
05-15-2008, 05:17 PM
Say you committed a completely heinous crime (Doesn't matter what, say something horrible like serial murder, high treason, or burning down a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup factory.)

Assume then you would either get life in prison or you could be executed. Which would you prefer? Would you rather live out the rest of your life holed up in a small cell with no possiblity of parole, or would you rather be put on death row.

Explain your answer.

WOW whoever burns down a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup factory should be dipped in boiling chocolate. :)

Not really faced with the problem, I would have to say life... You could write, read, and communicate with family... if you are dead you can't.

dpaterso
05-15-2008, 05:17 PM
Four square meals each day plus all the sex I could ever want. Doesn't seem much of a choice to me.

-Derek

Joycecwilliams
05-15-2008, 05:22 PM
Four square meals each day plus all the sex I could ever want. Doesn't seem much of a choice to me.

-Derek

LOL.... but four square meals????

I hope you like bologna.... according to my daughter who served time for drugs.... that was all she ate...

DWSTXS
05-15-2008, 05:40 PM
give me death. Since I believe in reincarnation, I'm coming back again soon anyway.

on the other hand, I could live with the jail sentence as long as I had books to read (but I think I'll pass on the man-rape)

Lyra Jean
05-15-2008, 05:48 PM
I'll take life but I doing something that will definitely give me some cred. I'm going to definitely make friends of my cellmate. For some reason I don't think it's going to be like the movie "Double Jeopardy."

Joycecwilliams
05-15-2008, 05:59 PM
give me death. Since I believe in reincarnation, I'm coming back again soon anyway.

on the other hand, I could live with the jail sentence as long as I had books to read (but I think I'll pass on the man-rape)

What if you came back as a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup? :)

DWSTXS
05-15-2008, 06:06 PM
What if you came back as a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup? :)

That would be chocolicious! and I would melt in your mouth! (no wait, that's an M&M....)

Joycecwilliams
05-15-2008, 06:12 PM
That would be chocolicious! and I would melt in your mouth! (no wait, that's an M&M....)
So maybe you would melt in my hands... :)

Chocolate starts melting at 80%... you wouldn't want to get soft... :))))

kct webber
05-15-2008, 06:19 PM
I choose life. I fully intend to bust out.

Southern_girl29
05-15-2008, 06:23 PM
I choose life, too. At least that way, I could still see my family, and like someone said above, there is always a chance I would get out.

maestrowork
05-15-2008, 06:26 PM
Life. If I had done such horrible things (except Reeses factory - I hate peanut butter), I should spend my life reflecting on it. Death is a cop out. Besides, I don't believe in the death sentence. Plus I've heard prison sex is hot.

DWSTXS
05-15-2008, 06:29 PM
Life. If I had done such horrible things (except Reeses factory - I hate peanut butter), I should spend my life reflecting on it. Death is a cop out. Besides, I don't believe in the life sentence. Plus I've heard prison sex is hot.

The only way that prison sex is hot, is if you're accidentally thrown into the women's prison.
Now that, I'd take a life sentence of, no problem.

(it wasn't wine that I'd had too much of, it was a, double-shot of my baby's love...)

Pat~
05-15-2008, 06:41 PM
Some other things that would affect my decision: How does find peace with oneself with all that time to brood upon the guilt? There are ways, but that would be a frightening prospect.

And are there books?

A lifetime of brooding would never bring the needed peace from guilt. The only thing left is redemption...and that could lead to at least one book (maybe the one you'd write after you found that redemption/peace?).

maestrowork
05-15-2008, 07:44 PM
I echo that guilt is useless. One must find peace some other way -- enlightenment, redemption, acceptance, etc. To know you've done wrong and how you can be a better person. Guilt and reparation don't benefit anyone.

writerterri
05-15-2008, 07:56 PM
Clean house all day, work, make food for the ungreatful, ref fights and drive the ungreatful around all day or a quiet cell with food and tv?

Let me think.

Nakhlasmoke
05-15-2008, 08:27 PM
Life.

What if there are no stories in my head after death? That would suck.

coneflower2001
05-15-2008, 08:38 PM
I say let him choose to live and then he gets killed off in prison anyway.

Justice must always win in the end.

sheadakota
05-15-2008, 10:37 PM
Life. Just think of the fodder for new stories in jail.

CDarklock
05-15-2008, 11:14 PM
Would you rather live out the rest of your life holed up in a small cell with no possiblity of parole, or would you rather be put on death row.

I'd take the cell, because maybe I could escape.

Then I could go commit more crimes.

Shadow_Ferret
05-16-2008, 12:22 AM
Explain your answer.I would choose to live. Think of all the free time I'd have to READ!

Plus, I could write letters to the families and go "Neener neener neener."

Susie
05-16-2008, 12:29 AM
As long as I could have chocolate and water, I'd choose life in prison.
:)