Registered
Reaction score
Ingredients:

6 eggs
1 tube of Jimmy Dean Sausage
1 package of powdered pepper gravy mix
English Muffins
Sliced cheese

Instructions: Place tube of sausage in a pan and brown it--crumbling it into as small a chunks as you can get. I call this recipe "Breakfast Sloppy Joes", so to get your sausage small enough, think of sloppy joes and how you fry the hamburger for a sloppy joe. When the sausage is brown, dump it out of the skillet into a bowl--leaving as much grease as you can in the pan for the eggs. Spoon out a teaspoon of butter and melt it around the pan so the eggs don't stick (yeah, the grease off the sausage isn't enough to keep it from sticking).

Scramble the 6 eggs in a bowl with about a teaspoon or so of milk. Dump the scrambled eggs into the pan and cook them like you would any scrambled eggs--breaking the eggs into as small of chunks as you can. When eggs are done, pour the sausage back in the pan with the eggs and mix them together really well.

While you are doing those steps, you can simultaneously be making pepper gravy. Now if you have a homeade recipe, then feel free to use that, but I am no chef so I buy the powdered mix in the store and just add boiling water. Whatever you do, just make sure the finished product resembles normal pepper gravy.

Pour the pepper gravy over the sausage and egg mix and mix the gravy with it as best you can. I only use one pack of powdered gravy (which isn't much--I don't have a number for how much it is). When you are done, the gravy and the eggs/sausage should resemble the consistency of a normal sloppy joe mix--i.e. it should be fairly thick and not runny. If it's runny, you put too much gravy in it (if you use one pack of powdered gravy, it'll be perfect, but if you use your own recipe you are going to have to mix it in a little at a time to figure out how much you need).

Toast the Muffin. Put a slice of cheese on the bottom of the toasted muffin and scoop out some of the mix onto the cheese (so that the heat from the mix will melt the cheese a little). Put the lid on the muffin and enjoy.

BEST. BREAKFAST. SANDWICH. EVER.

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
*makes appointment for james to have his cholesterol checked*

:D

Last edited:

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
Ha ha...Yeah, it's so bad for you that it's kind of like sin eating it. But that's what makes it so good! Cause it's so...wroooooong.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wow. Okay, definitely not something to have every day but that sounds really, really good. Definitely have to give it a try. :Thumbs:

Last edited: