My economic stimulus is going straight up my nose…

Straka

Bored Fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
danstraka.blogspot.com
I'm kidding (drugs are bad kids) but I am curious what are people doing with their money?

For me it's apart of my negative net worth as an unemployed bum. Bills, bills, bills.

RLB

bundled
Registered
Reaction score
Dental work. Really, is there a more fun way to spend extra money?

(Actually, I would've got the dental work anyway; I suppose I should just say "into our money market account" since we hadn't earmarked it for any sort of fun spending!)

Seaclusion

Absolute Parsley
Registered
Reaction score
Drugs are bad. Do like straka and invest in nasal spray.

I paid my rent with it.

Richard

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
1-2501-3289

Yeah, stick that in your pipe and smoke it!

CDarklock

Yes!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.darklock.com
Mine's going up a different orifice!

No, seriously, I'm probably not getting mine. I owe the Social Security Administration roughly $10,000 and they seize anything I'm supposed to get from the Federal government before it ever leaves D.C.

Well, I told them I wasn't disabled, and they didn't believe me. What was I supposed to do, not cash the checks?

Seaclusion

Absolute Parsley
Registered
Reaction score
Mine's going up a different orifice!

No, seriously, I'm probably not getting mine. I owe the Social Security Administration roughly $10,000 and they seize anything I'm supposed to get from the Federal government before it ever leaves D.C.

Well, I told them I wasn't disabled, and they didn't believe me. What was I supposed to do, not cash the checks?

In other words, you've been shafted.

Richard

StephanieFox

Maybull the Bulldog
Registered
Reaction score
Much will go into savings, but some will, per the suggestion of a board member, so to my favorite Democratic candidates.

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
$99 gas grill from Home Depot. That way, I can cook supper out on the patio during hot summer evenings and keep the extra heat out of the house.

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I'm getting a new windshield for my van, fixing the cat, and putting some in savings for each kid.

Devil Ledbetter

Come on you stranger, you legend,
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I spent a good portion of mine on a trip to Canada. So I've economically stimulated our friendly neighbor to the north.

johnnysannie

Banned
Reaction score
Website
leeannsontheimermurphywriterauthor.blogspot.com
Spent a portion of it on a generator so that we could have power in the wake of last Saturday's destructive tornadoes. Our house was not in the path of the storm but we spent several days without power and the generator helped me to keep our freezer full of food.

Since I've lost three freezers full of food in the last two years, the generator was a good investment and although I hope not, I'm sure we will use it in the future.

johnnysannie

Banned
Reaction score
Website
leeannsontheimermurphywriterauthor.blogspot.com

In a word, yes. If you knew you're not disabled and therefore not entitled to the checks, then cashing them was foolish because sooner or later, they're going to catch it and you'll have your arse in a crack, just like you do now!

Southern_girl29

Registered
Reaction score
Part of it is going to pay off a small loan we have. Then, we're going to buy a new mattress. Not very exciting, but our mattress is so awful, I've been sleeping in the recliner.